Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2011 13:00

Cannot open User Guide document for 964 printer.

I have downloaded the User Guide document for the 964 AIO printer.  I have unzipped the file which is named Dell964_Users_Manual.chm.  The documentation from Dell says that for XP which I am using, the document should open through the Help and Support Center when you double click it.  However, when you try to open the file, you get a page the says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled".  Any suggestion on a way to get the file to a readable form.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2011 14:00

gcandec,

Did you try using the pdf from HERE?

Rick

4 Posts

May 13th, 2011 14:00

I am trying to open the Users Guide.  At the site in your link, it is only available in HTML format.  The Owners Manual is available in PDF.  There are two different documents in two different formats.

George

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2011 15:00

George,

They both have the same information but in different formats.

Right click on the Dell964_Users_Manual.chm , left click properties. Look in general and see if there is a box that says unblock. If so, try that. I unzipped the .zip file, then double clicked on the ug_en.chm file and it opened.

Rick

4 Posts

May 13th, 2011 18:00

Rick,

The "Unblock" was the key.  I went in and clicked the Unblock and the file opened.  Thanks for the help.

George

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2011 18:00

George,

Glad you got to view it! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. I didn't see it when I downloaded the file but remembered something about unblocking for a pervious post.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!