Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2011 09:00

Cannot print black and white photos on my Dell AIO 948 printer

Hello:

I bought glossy photo paper and the proper photo printing cartridge. All went fine until I tried printing. The black and white photo came out in a weird shade of color. I tried going into the properties and saw there was an option to print black and white. But the option is greyed out. I have no idea why. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very appreciative. I have Windows XP and a desktop computer.

Donica

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 1st, 2011 14:00

Donica R O

The best section to post this in, is the Peripherals/Printers Forum HERE.

Bev.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2011 08:00

Donica,

Usually when this is greyed out, it's bacause you have generic drivers installed. Since you have the printer working, I'll suggest making a system restore point, first.

Then disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

You can then install the printer using the Dell 948 Printer disk or try downloading the XP Drivers. Install the drivers. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on) If using the wireless adapter, then choose network and follow the instructions.

The option to print in blacj and white should now be able to be checked and unchecked.

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 948 All-In-One (PRODUCT) RED™ Printer owners thread (W7)

You are using Dell Series 11 ink cartridges, correct?

Rick

4 Posts

March 5th, 2011 14:00

Hi   Rick:

Thanks for replying to me. I  honestly don't know how to do a restore point or system restore to start this process. It sounds like it might work. I still can't print any black and white photos, despite the photo ink cartridge and high glossy paper. I think after this I will have given up and just buy a new printer. It's only four years old, but you have to replace these things every year or so.

Donica

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 5th, 2011 15:00

No Events found!