Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2012 14:00

Changing the Network Name on V715W Printer

I have a wireless printer that I can't get to connect to the wifi I am sure because it has the wrong "Network Name" and can't figure out how to change that.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

GrampaFox,

What is the make and model of your wireless router and the type of security you're using? What channel?

Rick

3 Posts

It is a Verizon Fios Router using WEP security.  

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 10th, 2012 15:00

GrampaFox,

Let's first change the wireless router to have these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

After you restart the ISP modem/router then for the printer.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Start, control panel, Programs and features(add/remove programs), Dell V715w Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, insert the Dell V715w Printer disk. Choose new installation, choose network and follow the instructions. It will ask you to find your network name and ask for the password. Continue and follow the instructions.

The printer's Wifi Light should be green when your finished.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

3 Posts

The router has multiple devices connected to it so changing the SSID would cause major issues, in fact this is what happened it did get changed.  Now that it is back the Network Name doesn't match so the printer wifi light stays orange.  I had the issue until I changed the router back to the previous SSID at which point it went to green.  Now the network name on the printer, for some unknown reason, no longer reflects that SSID.  Now if knew how the unhelpful friend changed that name I could just change it back, but he has no idea how he did it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

GrampaFox,

If you have everything connecting, just keep the same SSID, just make sure you're using channel 11. WEP can be hacked in less than 10 minutes, but since there are many devices, just keep what you have.

The printer...

Follow the procedure above to uninstall, then reinstall the printer. Choosing new installation and network, then finding the network and password for the printer makes it connect. The procedure will need to be done as additional installations on the other computers in your home.

Rick

2 Posts

August 5th, 2019 18:00

Does anyone know how to change the Network name on a V 715W printer? I had to get a new modem, and now my Network name and ID has changed. My computer was connected to may printer before the change.

2 Posts

August 5th, 2019 18:00

How do you change your Network name and passcode on the Dell V715W printer?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 8th, 2019 09:00

Possie,

Youll have to setup the printer, just like you did when you purchased it. I'm hoping that the new network name is not the same as the old network name or there may be issues connecting to it. 

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode you’ll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time (powered on).

Links to the drivers can be found at…

XP/Vista/Windows 7 64-bit drivers

Remember virus and firewall programs will block communications.

Rick

No Events found!