Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

July 11th, 2011 14:00

DELL A920 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER DOES NOT PRINT IN COLOR.

I OWN A DELL A920 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER. IT DOES NOT PRINT IN COLOR. I CHANGED THE PRINTER CARTRIGE TWICE ,UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED PRINTER SOFTWARE.  EVEN SOAKED THE CARTRIGE IN WARM WATER.  I ALSP CHECKED THE CATRIGE CONTACTS AND TRIED TO CLEAN THEM STILL NO LUCK. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS PLASE ADVISE. <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 11th, 2011 14:00

WLDPROJ,

Typing is all caps is consider shouting and it's also hard to read.

Are you using Dell Series 1 ink cartridges?

Can you copy a document under the glass? B&W and color?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 11th, 2011 15:00

WLDPROJ,

Sounds like your Dell Series 1 color ink cartridge is failing and needs replaced.

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 1 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 1 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

color cartridge = color side(left side)          black cartridge = black side(right side)

photo cartridge = color side(left side)          black cartridge = black side(right side)

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these are Dell Series 1 ink cartridges, then take them back to the place of purchase for a replacement or refund.

Rick

<EDITED to correct the correct positions of the Dell 1 Series Ink Cartridges>

7 Posts

when copying, it copies in b&w, it actually started to copy in color for about a 1/2 inch then the rest of the page was blank, and when i tried it again to copy in color  it came up blank.  thanks for the response, any ideas?

7 Posts

when copying, it copies in b&w, it actually started to copy in color for about a 1/2 inch then the rest of the page was blank, and when i tried it again to copy in color  it came up blank.  thanks for the response, any ideas?

7 Posts

July 12th, 2011 03:00

did what you suggested. did not work. will order a new cartridge.

thanks so  much for your help!!

p.s. the color cartridge is on the left under a blue cap and b&w is on the right under a black cap.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 12th, 2011 09:00

WLDPROJ,

I'm almost certain that the problem is with the color cartridge. So on this model the cartridges are in the opposite position from the printers that I have owned.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

No Events found!