Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2012 20:00

DELL All-In-One Printer Will Scan, But Can't Save The Scan

I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP, with a Dell All-In-One Photo Printer 964.  I used to be able to scan documents with it using the Dell All-In-One Center.  Recently it stopped saving scanned documents.  The scanner works.  I can see a Preview of the scanned document.  I set the Productivity Tools to "Scan and save to a PDF format."  I select my "Save As" folder, give the document a name and hit SAVE.   A DELL SCAN STATUS bar appears and it scans.  Next, a PROCESS progress bar should appear and it saves the document.   That's how it used to work.  Now it stops before the PROCESS Bar appears.  The Dell All-In-One Center disappears.  I can scan documents using ABBYY FineReader 6.0  Sprint Plus software, but it takes longer than the Dell All-In-One Center.  What am I missing?  My computer knowledge is medium - just enough to be dangerous to myself and the computer.  Thanks for any suggestions.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 10th, 2012 00:00

Hi ColemanCreative,

I am sorry to know that the scanning stops before the process progress bar is displayed.

I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Dell Photo AIO Printer 964 software. Please follow the steps provided below:

1. Click Start→ Programs or All Programs→ Dell Printers→ Dell Photo AIO Printer 964→ Uninstall Dell Photo AIO Printer 964.        
2. Follow the instructions on the computer screen to remove the printer software.
3. Restart your computer before installing the software again.
4. Insert the Drivers and Utilities CD, and then follow the instructions on the computer screen to install the software.

You can also download the User Manual from the following page and refer page 81 for the instructions:
http://dell.to/T3Wpuf

Please reply to this message if you need further assistance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 10th, 2012 03:00

ColemanCreative,

You need to use the Dell All-In-One Center to scan, using the usb cable or use the screen on the printer if attached with a wireles print server.

Try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Make sure the printer is allowed past your virus program and firewall.

Also try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!