Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

January 15th, 2016 02:00

DELL C2665dnf - the touch screen not working.

Hello everyone. 
I have a C2665dnf multifunction that worked fine for one year. Today I can't scan from the printer console or send faxes because my touch screen doesn't work. Any solutions ?

• 

17K Posts

January 19th, 2016 10:00

cmorar,

Click the link below to download the online manual for resolving printer issues

Dell c2665dnf

2 Posts

January 19th, 2016 18:00

Hello, I feel your pain.

Mine started doing the same thing about 3 months ago (just over a year old from the already replaced model which failed first time just under warranty).

Can no longer use the touch screen. No cracks, no damage, device is covered over each night when not in use.

Dell tech support were no help, absolutely clueless about the machine. After 10 minutes he asked what the device actually looked like!!! Bit like the response from our dell support above referring us to the user manual which does not cover our issue.

Tried for 2 hours to explain to tech support that the touch panel did not work, but he insisted I tried printing from different PCs, reinstalling the drivers, trying different network cables, resetting the device.

At the end I hung up in frustration as he just could not comprehend there was a touch screen.

My only work around for our dud machines is to install the Dell Document Hub software and control everything from your desktop. This is the only way I can now scan. Not sure about Faxing as I do not use this functionality.

Currently working out which HP machine I should buy as the replacement as I have had nothing but proactive tech support from HP in the past with other products.

Cheers

Ben

4 Posts

January 25th, 2016 10:00

Hello,
There is no solution in the manual that you specify.
The problem seems to be a hardware failure. Today the only possible way to scan documents is through the Dell Document Hub software.
It is a shame that the product broke down after just one year of use and no one can give a real solution to remedy it.
Regards.

3 Posts

February 24th, 2016 17:00

Hello,

I've exactly the same issue, the touchscreen is not working anymore. We put a password to use it and we can't type it. The printer is now useless. It is just a year old.

How can I fix this, the document linked doesn't explain anything for this issue.

How can I send it back in warranty? Brought it in DE for my society in Luxembourg.

Regards,

Yves Prignon

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2016 23:00

Hello,

I wish you good luck. 

For me DELL did absolutely nothing. I keep the printer just for printing. I bought another multifonction who gives me completely satisfaction. One thing is sure, I never will buy again a Dell printer. Of course I would never advise buying DELL to my friends or my clients.

cordially

1 Message

March 24th, 2016 06:00

Hi All,

I have had the same experience with this printer, C2665dnf. The bottom half of the touch screen stopped working about 2 weeks after the 12 month warranty ended. Therefore this "Multi Function" hardware is nothing more than a standard printer now. No more scanning, copying, emailing or faxing. Dell support proved useless and my experience was the same as other users - they have no idea about their products or how to use them. Nor are they interested in understanding the ACTUAL issue.

As for the Dell rep above posting a link to a user manual - seriously? It has been a hard lesson, but i will never buy or recommend a Dell product again.

3 Posts

March 24th, 2016 13:00

Same for me, their product are not enterprise grade. I'll go for a more reputable brand next time.

55 Posts

March 24th, 2016 13:00

Out of curiosity, are these printers in a home or office environment?

3 Posts

March 24th, 2016 14:00

Office, small enterprise <10peoples

55 Posts

March 24th, 2016 14:00

Do you have a cleaning crew that comes in your office?

2 Posts

March 24th, 2016 15:00

Mine is in a home office environment, used the scanner about once per week, printer is mostly covered over with a towel to reduce dust.

No cleaning products have ever been used.

2 Posts

March 30th, 2016 18:00

I'm having the same issue as well. Printer is about 1 year old and touch screen does not respond at all. Tech support quote a touch screen replacement which was more than the cost of the printer.

1 Message

May 4th, 2016 18:00

Same problem here. The touch screen started going out about a month ago and as of today has completely stopped working.  The printer is now useless.  It was just over a year old.

Touchscreen issue aside, I've had nothing but trouble with this thing since I bought it.  It's never worked right and I've wasted many hours unsuccessfully trying to configure it into submission.  I mourn the $500 wasted, but in a way I'm glad it's dead so I can move on with something else.

Worst printer I've ever had.

2 Posts

October 20th, 2016 06:00

how can i get a quote for touch screen replacement?

Am in need for a screen.

Can anyone help me

4 Posts

October 21st, 2016 02:00

I had mine and two others in my clients office and they have the same worries. I changed all dell printers.

No Events found!