Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2007 18:00

DLCFtime.DLL error message with Del 725 Inkjet Printer

Hi Folks

I too suffer from the dreaded ...\3\DCLFtime.dll   Missing Entry: RunDLLEntry  error message having just installed a Del 725 on my new Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop.  Printer seems to work perfectly OK but this message pops up at every log on.  I have tried Black_Wizards (A10964 DLL error thread) fix but canot find the entry in the registry, searching the registry comes up not found.  Not tried ringing DEL yet but may have to as a last resort.  Any help much apreciated

1.7K Posts

February 6th, 2007 19:00

If you have received this error here's a possible fix.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT SINCE THIS FIX USES DELETING ITEMS FROM THE REGISTRY IT MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO NOT BOOT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FIX IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Cause: The ATI chipset is writing a 64-bit registry entry into 32-bit OS and is conflicting with the printer software

Solution:
  1. Either create a restore point, or export the keys from the registry before making changes.
  2. Go to Start > Run > and type "regedit" then click okay
  3. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
  4. Click the plus sign next to  SOFTWARE
  5. Remove Wow6432node key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE.
  6. Right click on DLCJCATS in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and choose Modify. In the Value Data section, change the entry to rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCFtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16 then click OK. The only thing that should need to be changed is adding an underscore before RunDLLEntry and @16 afterwards.
  7. Reboot, and verify the error is gone.

13 Posts

February 10th, 2007 17:00

Thanks Gina the issue is now resolved but it needs sorting out in the printer installation CD

Rgds

Bernie

1.7K Posts

February 14th, 2007 18:00

DELL-Gina wrote:

Cause: The ATI chipset is writing a 64-bit registry entry into 32-bit OS and is conflicting with the printer software

Actually the cause is not the printer software but the ATI chipset.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 25th, 2009 12:00

Jane,

Usually when the person has a problem with their printer, I recommend that they re-install the drivers following the instructions I have listed below. This is an old post in a new forum and things have changed in a few years. Let;s start with what has been working for others. Also, if you could please tell me your make and model of your computer and operating system, it would be very helpful as there are still a few issues with a select few.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Rick

February 25th, 2009 12:00

Dear Gina

Back in June 2007 you helped a user with the same issue that I seem to be experiencing now..

Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCFtime.dll

Missing entry:RunDLLEntry

Although the fix seemed to work for the user at the time, I am not very technical and not confident following the fix given you very serious warning about the fix causing the system to not boot!

Has there been any further progress on this issue since Jun2007 or can you offer any further advise on what a non techy person can do to rectify this error?

Many thanks

Jane

February 28th, 2009 01:00

Hi Rick

Firstly, many thanks for your quick response and detailed advice which was very easy to follow.

We have a Dell Dimension 5150 running Windows XP Media Centre Edition.  The Printer is a Dell 725.

I followed your instructions.

I ran the patch to remove the printer, following which I restarted the PC as instructed.  When  the PC restarted the DLCFtime.DLL error message did not appear which was very encouraging!

However, when I downloaded and installed the proper drivers, the instructions did not match what was happening on screen.  For instance, I did not get prompted to connect the printer. And some of the other instructions from the driver site did not match what actually happened.  Also when installing there were a few files where it found the file already existed so I clicked overwrite - so I don't think the patch had fully removed all the software.

Once they had been installed and I rebooted the PC, the DLCFtime.DLL message reappeared.

So sadly I feel like I am back to square one (though minus a couple of hours spare time!)

I'd really appreciate any further help you can give!

Kind regards

Jane

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 28th, 2009 02:00

Jane,

Make a system Restore point. Download and run Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and select only the printer. Be careful what you select as this is a powerful tool and this is why I asked you to make a system restore point, just in case. Restart your computer.

Right click start, left click explore, click the + sign at program files folder and look for the Dell Printer folder and make sure it's gone. Now run the patch to really be sure and restart your computer when the patch prompts you to do so.

If you install the XP drivers, you should be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

Rick

February 28th, 2009 05:00

Hi Rick

I Download and run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, but there is no mention of a printer in the list of installed items!?

Many thanks

Jane

ps.. 

I also looked in the program files folder and there is no folder for 'Dell Printer'

So then I checked START>PRINTERS & FAXES to see if printer was showing there and there is still a 'Dell Colour Printer 725' showing as the default.  I tried printing to it and the printer is working ok.  So the printer is installed.  So why no folder under program folders?

Thanks again

March 3rd, 2009 01:00

Hi again

Anyone else got any further thoughts on this one?

Any help gratefully appreciated

Jane

No Events found!