Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2007 20:00

Del 942 All-In-One Center program doesn't install.

Hi,

I installed an updated driver from the Microsoft XP Windows Update website for my Dell All-In-One Photo Printer and now although I'm able to print the program is gone.  How do I get it back?

Thanks in advance,
Barry

5 Posts

October 31st, 2007 17:00

Barry I'm also having a problem with the driver update that I installed via the Windows XP update page for the Dell 942 AIO. Absolutely nothing would print from that printer afterwards. I uninstalled the printer, downloaded the driver from the Dell site and reinstalled it. That driver from the Dell site is from 2005. Worked okay for a couple of hours until user tried to print a document from Adobe Reader 8.1. That process created a series of ugly error messages and apparently hosed the driver again. I was able to get the document to print from Adobe Standard and Word... But what a string of error messages... Anybody know what the id is for that patch ? I can't find a reference to it anywhere on the Microsoft site nor on the PC (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for it since it's a printer driver update ?) I'd like to remove it from the PC but I need the reference number. Thanks Julie

5 Posts

November 5th, 2007 18:00

i'm stuck with the same exact issue.

I've uninstalled it and manually removed the files the uninstall doesn't clean up

but the thign contines to not work

help us out here dell - the corrupt file is dlbujswx.exe 2.70.0.0 doesn't work!

38 Posts

November 20th, 2007 21:00

I have this problem also with XP and Dell 942 printer.  Here is a partial workaround that I discovered.

Uninstall printer and Dell printer software.  Reboot.
Install printer software which I downloaded from Dell website.
Run unzip/install.  At prompt as to whether I want to replace drive software or add NEW driver, I replied NEW driver.
Now when I print, I got the dlbujswx.exe error.

However, I discovered that dlbujswx.exe is two versions and located in two locations.

The older (Dell's I assume) is in c:\Windows\System32\Spool\drivers\w32x86\Dell ....folder

and the newer (bad) version is in C:\Windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86 folder.

I copied the older dated (Dell) version on top of the newer (Microsoft bad) file.

Now it works except that it doesnt' show ink level.

I'm not sure how to clear all the spool folders, or whether or not I should. 

Hopes this helps.  Anyone know of a permanent complete fix, please post.

38 Posts

December 16th, 2007 02:00

The Dell cleanup utility is described in this thread:

After I followed the cleanup and re-install instructions, the printer finally was working again!

2 Posts

December 16th, 2007 02:00

I'm an idiot, too. The printer was working just fine until I ran the Microsoft Update. Now the thing doesn't print. I can scan just fine, but the printer won't work anymore. Not even a test page. I even tried reinstalling the drivers from the installation CD that came with it, still no luck. Thanks, Microsoft! How do I uninstall this and get back to a working device???

2 Posts

December 16th, 2007 04:00

Yep, that worked very nicely. And the lesson here, kids? Don't install stuff from Microsoft Windows Update unless something's broken. That little checkbox cost me about 4 hours of effort.

2 Posts

January 19th, 2008 17:00

my 942 AIO center started acting screwy, "communication error" . Worked fine few months ago when last used it. uninstalled 942 printer and used driver disk that came with computer to reinstall, but during reinstallation the computer said it is stll on the computer.                                          

dell 8400
windows XP

2 Posts

January 19th, 2008 21:00

Went to drivers/downloads, installed driver and restarted computer., this took off the driver that was apparently still on the computer, even after i uninstalled it.   The 942 icon is back on the taskbar and will now communicate with the printer.   Now if only someone could help me deal with the high cost of ink $$$$.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 19th, 2008 21:00

Then try this

How are you connected to the printer? wired of wireless?

If wired, disconnect your printer. Go to start/programs/Dell printers and un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer.

Install your printer. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

If wireless, fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA security

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

If wireless printer server is used, Plug USB cable into computer and print server. Insert the print server disk. Choose Network, then choose print server and follow the instructions.

Now setup the printer.

Install your printer. Choose Network. Install the drivers.

Everything should now work.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 20th, 2008 07:00

Barry9x9 and fbbe

Try this

How are you connected to the printer? wired of wireless?

If wired, disconnect your printer. Go to start/programs/Dell printers and un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Install your printer. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

If wireless, fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA security

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

If wireless printer server is used, Plug USB cable into computer and print server. Insert the print server disk. Choose Network, then choose print server and follow the instructions.

Now setup the printer.

Install your printer. Choose Network. Install the drivers.

Everything should now work.

No Events found!