kri1977
1 Copper

Dell 1320 c PDL Emulation problem?

Hello!

This morning when I tried to print a pdf document from my printer it gives me the following error message:

"Error relating to PDL Emulation problems occurs 016-720"

I then have no choice but to cancel print job.

Tried several times but does not work, also tried to print other pdf files and no issues...

Anyone has any ide what this is about?

Cheers,

K

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
butchbs1985
1 Copper

Re: Dell 1320 c PDL Emulation problem?

HI.

I see that this thread is old but did you ever find a solution?  I am having the same problem with my new 1320c from one workstation.  I have tried all available drivers and install packages to no avail. emoticon.TongueTied.title

I am a Dell Technician (employed by a reseller) so I have opened cases with both enterprise and standard support.  I'll post back if I find a solution but i'm not all that hopefull as I believe it to be a driver issue.  I had a 3010cn before this printer and never encountered this issue (although the error code means the same thing for both printers).  The only thing I could find in the documentation is that the error indicates a corrupt data stream.

I only have experienced the issue when printing webpages from Firefox and AOL browser.  The same documents print fine from IE so i'm stumped.

0 Kudos
cdixonsu
1 Copper

Hi, I have had the same problem the past 3 weeks with my Dell 2130cn printer.  Dell support was absolutely NO HELP.

After playing around with this for hours, I finally changed a setting under the Advanced tab in the printer properties to "Print directly to the printer"

Control Panel > Printers > right click on the Dell Printer > Select Properties

Go to the Advanced tab and click the radio button next to Print directly to the printer

Your properties may be different since its a different printer but find that option in your properties and see if that works for you.

Thanks,

Candice

ski2fast
1 Copper

This solution worked for me to.  Change option to print directly instead of spooling.  I had a Dell 1320c with Windows 7 Pro x64 version.

For me to change it:   1. Go to printers/devices.  2. Right click printer and select 'Printer Properties'(not 'Properties').  3. Click on 'Advanced' tab.  4. Select 'Print Directly to printer.

Thanks for your post!

0 Kudos
stephaniebills
1 Copper

Here's something given to me to try and it worked, I have a Dell 1320c printer.

"A simple workaround could be to convert your plan to PDF and try printing that.  This can be done by installing a free piece of software called a PDF Convertor, like Cute PDF which is free from www.cutepdf.com.  Once installed this adds a 'virtual printer' to your system.  You then click print in the Garden Planner, select the Cute PDF Writer printer and click OK.  It then asks where you want to save the PDF and you can then open that saved PDF and try printing that."

Stephanie x

0 Kudos
Conrard
1 Copper

I have this same problem. Dell told me it has to do with Adobe PDFs. They told me to print as an image, that didnt' work, then they said increase the printer memory Dell 3130cn; I increased by 1G; that didn't work, same error. I tried the fix above, to print directly to the printer, that didnt' work. I am still looking for an answer. I purchased this printer specifically to print booklets 50 pages each duplex/color 30 at a time, now I am stuck. I am open to suggestions; BTW when I first got the printer, it worked beautifuly, printed 12-15 40-50 page booklets at a time. no issues.

0 Kudos
rchamilt
1 Copper

After updating drivers and firmware on my Dell 1250c , I began getting the following error:

"PDL Emulation problem occurs 016-720"

After rolling back drivers, reinstalling software, etc., etc., I tried the solution posted by "ski2fast" above for the same issue with his Dell 1320c.

---------------------------------------------
1. Go to printers/devices.  

2. Right click printer and select 'Printer Properties'  (not 'Properties').  

3. Click on 'Advanced' tab.  

4. Select 'Print directly to printer.
---------------------------------------------

It worked!  Thanks ski2fast !!  🙂

I suspect it may work on the Dell 3130cn as well.

p.s. oddly, other computers on the network were able to print with no problems through out. I think the changes to the driver or application on 5/23/11 (version MR 2 A01) modified this option.   Driver, etc., came from the below link.

support.dell.com/.../driverslist.aspx

0 Kudos
dollymayb
1 Copper

I know this is an old post but I just had the problem this week after having my computer in for repairs.  I've never had any problems with this printer before and it's really frustrating when you do have a problem.  I'm so glad I looked for an answer online.  Thank you so very much.  It works perfectly now.

0 Kudos
dmbp52
1 Copper

Interesting that people solved this problem with a setting in Windows 7.  I have no problem using this printer with either Windows 7 or 8, but using the Android "Dell Mobile Print" app.  This app locates my 1320c perfectly and appears to operate correctly, but does not print.  Instead, it generates an error I can see in Windows Status Monitor "Error relating to PDL Emulation problems occurs 016-720".

Suggestions about the Android app?

0 Kudos
cdcfarm
1 Copper

Good evening! I have the exact same problem. I have the app and it's so close to printing but gives me an error. I've called DELL and they suggested going to this site for help. I want to ensure I can print from the Tablet therefore if I cannot, I will return it. There is a 90 day return policy if not happy.

Have you tried another app?  I was told HP. I downloaded that one without success. If you happen to figure it out, please let me know. I will keep looking also.

Thanks!

0 Kudos