Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

September 30th, 2009 08:00

Dell 1320C Printer issues

I have a Dell 1320C printer that has recently started having a problem. You are supposed to just be able to hit "print" from your PC, the printer starts its warm up cycle (Ready/Data light changes from orange to blinking green to steady green) and the document prints. Now, when you hit the "print" button on the PC the printer starts to warm up (Ready/Data light changes from Orange to flashing green) and hangs up with the "Ready/Data indicator flashing green. You then have to turn the printer off, then back on and while the indicator light is a steady green you can then print without a problem. Once the printer goes into the "sleep" mode, you then have to press the "Continue" button which starts the warm up cycle (orange to blinking Green to steady green) then you can print.

The printer will not "warm up" when you hit "print" from your PC.

1.7K Posts

September 30th, 2009 12:00

Oh boy, I love these "it used to work.... and now it doesn't" type problems. In my experience, this always...... usually...... is caused by a change made to the system, a settings change, an update...... something.

Questions:
1. What O/S are you using?
2. is the printer connected via USB or Network cable?
3. When did you notice this?
4. Was anything done to your PC (updates, installed something new, drivers, etc) around the time you noticed this problem, no matter how insignificant it might seem?

2 Posts

September 30th, 2009 13:00

1. XP Pro

2. USB

3. Some time ago but I can't pin point a time

4. I update my computer with the crucial updates for microsoft and thats about it. 

I have had many printers in the past and they were never affected by an update of some sort but I guess it wouldn't surprise me. I guess i should unistall it and reinstall it and see if it works again?????

1.7K Posts

September 30th, 2009 13:00

Yep, at this time that's all I can suggest. The printer still prints so we can't really treat it like it's broken.

You can also try a Factory Default reset on the printer:
1. Power OFF the printer and DISCONNECT any data cables.
2. Open the side cover.
3. While pressing the Continue and Cancel buttons at the same time, turn on the printer.
4. CONTINUE to PRESS and HOLD the Continue and Cancel buttons until ALL the indicators are turned on, then release the two buttons.
5. After the Continue, Error, and Ready/Data indicators go out, close the side cover.

The printer will:
* Initialize the non-volatile memory (NVM).
* Restart
* Prints the Printer Settings and Device Settings pages.

CAUTION: DO NOT turn off the printer during this process or the printer will cease to function.

1 Message

December 1st, 2011 09:00

Worked for me

1 Message

April 17th, 2013 22:00

Hi

My printer just shows the exclaimation mark flashing and now I have done the above the lights are all on but no lights are going out. Can you suggest something to try?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Pallis

Dell 1320c user

3 Posts

July 8th, 2019 08:00

Hello Llyster and the Dell Community.

Issue: Dell 1320C doesn't feed paper.

Successfully prints from self-feeder. Successfully executes reset (side door open, hold 2 buttons, power up, wait, release).

Will not feed paper from paper tray.

Verified correct drivers. Verified paper tray is 1/3 to 1/2 full.

Very frustrated.

Can anyone help?

3 Posts

July 8th, 2019 10:00

New (GOOD) information.

My Dell 1320C works perfectly with my older Dell Precision M6300 running Windows XP, service pack 3.

It does not feed paper with the Dell Precision M6300 running Windows 10.

So, the problem is Windows 10.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the Windows 10 problem?

Very respectfully, Bob G.

1 Message

March 31st, 2020 13:00

I have the same problem exactly. No paper takeup after transferring to W10. W7 works OK.

Could it be a driver problem? W10 installed a MSoft driver.

2 Posts

September 5th, 2020 04:00

Same problem here and elsewhere - have to feed single sheets through on Windows 10 .  Come on Dell you must have a fix for this ?  

74 Posts

September 5th, 2020 12:00

I love these "it used to work.... furthermore, presently it doesn't" type issues. I would say, this always...... usually...... is brought about by a change made to the framework, a settings change, an update...... something. Questions: 1. What O/S would you say you are utilizing? 2. is the printer associated by means of USB or Network link? 3. When did you notice this? 4. Is it safe to say that anything was done to your PC (refreshes, introduced something new, drivers, and so on) around the time you saw this issue, regardless of how irrelevant it may appear?

1 Message

September 15th, 2020 07:00

Hello, there! I am not sure if this lead still valid. My printer has been performing well and suddenly it has the error message as described. I followed your kind advice but it didnt seem to work. The error message did go off but when I released the two buttons, all the indicators remain on and I couldnot close the side door. I did not try whether it can print with the side door opened as yet. But if I closed the side door with power on, the error message reappeared. Could you be ind enough to re-input your further advice? Thank you.

• 

25.1K Posts

September 15th, 2020 07:00

Hello, I’m your Dell virtual assistant. In case you have a question about your Dell system or need technical assistance, may I have the Service Tag or Express Service Code or order number, please? I’ll validate your system warranty and get back to you with the available options.

How to find the Service Tag: https://dell.to/3mrpfum

1 Message

October 4th, 2020 00:00

had same problem. top green light on the tray blinking - no printing  i seem to have found a fix. you need to change print properties -  click file on the document page; select the dell printer; click printer properties ; select tray 1 in paper source - ok. that worked for me.

No Events found!