Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

December 16th, 2009 07:00

Dell 1320c printer, ink issues

I have a Dell 1320c printer, and whenever I use it I am getting a yellow strip down the right hand side of the printer.  This happened to me last year and lead to bigger problems, I ended up have to get a whole new printer.  Any suggestions on fixing this issue before it gets worse?

1.8K Posts

December 18th, 2009 07:00

HayesScriven,

When you contacted Dell support last year what did they have you try to do to troubleshoot the cause? Have you tried those steps again?  Without knowing what you've tried I'm not sure what we can suggest as next steps to test for you.

December 18th, 2009 08:00

They said to try and clean the area's that have the ink on them.  Well I did that and then all of sudden the printer started cooking the ink that was on the printer.  I must be missing some place that has ink on it, but the printer is not really cleaning friendly.  If you have suggestions on how to clean the interior out, I am open.

1.8K Posts

December 18th, 2009 10:00

Here is the link to the online user's manual for that model.  There should be a section on cleaning that you can review.   If it's "cooking" ink can you locate which part of the printer the ink is being burned at?  That might lead you to where the ink leak is coming from.

No Events found!