As Apple is not supporting 32-bit applications anymore starting with MacOS 10.15 Catalina. Are you planning to update drivers for this model?
For other users, this might be helpful:
1) Ideas from the previous thread https://www.dell.com/community/Printers/Dell-1355cn-Driver-Needed-for-macOS-10-14-Mojave/td-p/619487... do not work due to the fact, that the driver is a 32-bit application, which is not allowed to be executed on Catalina anymore.
2) After searching a lot on the Internet I found this page http://foo2hbpl.rkkda.com/ , which gave a hint that Dell C1765 MFP might be compatible with 1355cn and luckily it is!
3) One needs to remove all printer drivers following https://smallbusiness.chron.com/remove-print-driver-mac-computer-45817.html
4) Then download and install Printer C1765 Installer & Application Dell A07 Mac.dmg from the support page https://www.dell.com/support/home/hu/en/hubsdt1/product-support/product/dell-c1765nfw/drivers
5) Go to printers and select the printer, in the last drop-down named "Use: Choose a Driver..." choose "Dell C1765nfw Color MFP v1.080". Version v1.084 does not work and triggers a fax dialog.
6) With this driver one can print, but scanning is now working though.
It looks, like building a 64-bit versions of these drivers should be not a big problem for Dell, as an alternative version already exists. I hope this will be done by public release of 10.15.
You need to fix this or otherwise the Dell 1355cnw becomes an unusable printer for thousands of small businesses that rely on it.
Any update on this? I have bought this printer Dell 1355cn a few years agio with a bunch of cartridges. Now it looks like I can't use this printer anymore??? Please, can you support me on how to use this printer with MacOS 10.15? You really need to support us on this one...
Well done Bolshevik.
I updated to Catalina last week and spent a fruitless search for the solution to my problems with my C1765nfw printer driver.
I tried Apple Communities without success then I logged into dell.com communities and tried your solution which worked perfectly. It saved me having to purchase another printer supported by Apple.
Thank you again for posting the solution.