Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2012 10:00

Dell 1710 Laser Printer

Using Mac OS X 10.7.3

I just started getting a blank page printed with each job with message across page:

.7.3 (Build 11D50d) Quartz PS Context)

Does not happen when I print from my PC

Any thoughts or suggestions?

April 30th, 2012 01:00

Hi G Kingsley,

Welcome to the community!

Please uninstall the printer first from the MAC system then download and re install the driver from this link http://dell.to/IztAHf

If there are any errors that you encounter please let me know. Also, please private message me your service tag.

Thanks,

David Angelo

2 Posts

April 30th, 2012 08:00

Deleted printer from System Preferences

Re-installed driver from link provided.  

Added Dell a7a0 back to list of available printers

Still printing a page with ".7.3 (Build 11D50d) Quartz PS Context)"

April 30th, 2012 23:00

Since the Laser 1710 is already an old model no drivers have been released for Mac OS X 10.7

The last release was for 10.4 only. I suggest that you try a different printer that will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.7, most preferably a newer model.

1 Message

May 16th, 2012 22:00

G.K.: I just started using my new Mac Mini (OSX 10.7.4) with my Dell 1710 Laser printer, after I downloaded the printer driver that I thought would work, and I experienced the exact same problem you described, but not every time I print something... almost every time, though. If you ever solve this issue, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks, Butch Lahmann,

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

1 Message

July 12th, 2012 17:00

I'm not sure it would work with 10.7, but I was recently having a problem getting my Dell 1710 to work with 10.6.8 and Dell support offered me a solution that worked. Instead of using the Dell driver, I am now using a generic Mac driver. You can create one by going into System Preferences/Print & Fax. Add a printer with the plus sign, Select Dell Laser Printer 1710, and under Print Using choose Generic Postscript Printer, and then make it default.

9 Posts

August 21st, 2012 11:00

... getting my Dell 1710 to work with 10.6.8 and Dell support offered me a solution that worked. Instead of using the Dell driver, I am now using a generic Mac driver. 

Thank You!

... but with a MacBookPro 8,2 (late 2011) and LION (10.7) and now  ML (10.8) that does not help. Still almost every time the Dell 1710 printer adds one "blank" printout with the above mentioned phrase. Sometimes another text.

Anymore suggestions?... please

1 Message

April 6th, 2013 02:00

Hi 

I've noted the same problem with my new iMac running 10.8.3.  No problems with 10.6.8 but now…

I have noticed that the blank page is only printed if I use NeoOffice but not when I use Word (or Pages so far).  It became an issue printing envelopes as the envelop was taken in and got the quartz bit then a blank sheet was printed with the address.  Saving the envelope file in .doc format then opening in Word sorted this at least for the moment.   I know it's an old printer but is the best answer really to dispose of it, the same advice from Canon for my old MP760 (which isn't supported as a multi-function but since migrating everything from my old mac the scanner software does work!

I don't know why the different word processors should produce different results but if you can - give it a go.

1 Message

April 13th, 2013 08:00

I also have a Dell 1710 and run OS x 10.7.5    Same problems as described throughout this thread.  By pure chance I downloaded the Lexmark E230 driver and reloaded the Dell laser with this.  Seems to do the trick.  Correct printing with Word, pdfs and outlook emails.

1 Message

April 29th, 2013 14:00

Installed Lexmark e330 driver for 10.8, downloaded from Lexmark's website.  I am able to print successfully from Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.

No Events found!