Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2008 17:00

Dell 1720DN stuck on "Flashing: Remove Object"

Hi,

I have a Dell 1720DN in my office and after one page is printed it insists the paper tray is full by the "Flashing: Remove Object" light being on and disabling printing. If I press the arm-sensor on the right hand side of the paper output tray down, printing resumes for one page, but the error message/light resumes after one page. The printer is running the most recent version of the firmware. Do I need to send this printer in for repair? I think the sensor which detects a full tray may be broken.

Message Edited by carkeet on 06-19-2008 01:13 PM
Message Edited by carkeet on 06-19-2008 01:13 PM
Message Edited by carkeet on 06-19-2008 01:14 PM

104 Posts

June 20th, 2008 08:00

It's possible to have to go a tech to replace top cover of printer, just call support to report that issue if it's under warranty, if not you could bypass sensor to print anyway

111 Posts

June 20th, 2008 13:00

Does the exit flap appear to get stuck in the open position after it prints out a sheet of paper? Does the flap appear to be twisted a bit? That could be the reason why it doesn't flap back down after a print job. Which in that case you'll receive the paper bin full message since it hasn't dropped back down over the sensor.

Shogun33

3 Posts

June 23rd, 2008 13:00

How do you bypass the sensor?  I'm having a similar problem. 

111 Posts

June 23rd, 2008 13:00

Sorry. You cannot bypass it. If you're still under warranty, I'd suggest that you call in for service. :smileywink:

Shogun33

2 Posts

June 23rd, 2008 15:00

@Shogun33 wrote:

Does the exit flap appear to get stuck in the open position after it prints out a sheet of paper? Does the flap appear to be twisted a bit? That could be the reason why it doesn't flap back down after a print job. Which in that case you'll receive the paper bin full message since it hasn't dropped back down over the sensor.

Shogun33

I believe this is exactly what is happening, the flap which triggers this issues appears to be stuck until I push it down, and when a new page comes out, it rubs the sensor back upwards, thus "sticking" it again. Thanks, will call today.

104 Posts

June 24th, 2008 07:00

A homemade "sensor replacement" for out of warranty printers of course is replace flap using a paper (like a post-it) bended enough times to get the exact width and insert it betwen two black plastic guides at right top corner, just where sensor was located. After that you could use something to get fixed, no more remove output error but always for out of warranty printers, if printer is still under warranty call dell support

1 Message

March 18th, 2013 05:00

Just tape a quarter on the flap, it will give it weight and drop as needed.

1 Message

November 20th, 2019 11:00

Yes, this was exactly my issue.  Before fix: Flashing 'remove object' light was flashing.  It would not print the self test page, the ready/data light would never come on.  As soon as I pushed down the exit flap (black lever 1" x 3/4 ") at top right of output tray (on top of the printer) ready/data light turned green and it started to print.  Mine would print for 3 - 4 pages then return to pre-fix mode.  I taped a quarter on the exit flap, it's working.  Occassionally the flap gets stuck again, and I just push down or lift up, press continue button if needed.   Thanks for the fix.   Yahoo!

No Events found!