Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

March 8th, 2010 10:00

Dell 1815 Scanner - How to set up with GMAIL

We want to use the network scanner with our gmail since we do not have a hosted email service solution.  I set up to work with smtp server of smtp.gmail.com and smtp port 587 and it does not work.  Any suggestion on how to set this up with gmail.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 8th, 2010 14:00

Scanners have nothing to do with email. They are for scanning and copying photos or documents. The network in the name means you can share it with other computers on your home network. You must have an Internet Provider like cable or dsl to use your Gmail. You obviously do have a provider or you would not be able to post. All you need is to open your browser--Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox--and go to Google's Gmail site.

2 Posts

March 16th, 2010 12:00

Perhaps I formed my question wrong.  We have a network scanner with the capabilities to scan to email.  My company does not have an email server we use gmail as our mail.  I was asking if anyone new or had set up the dell 1815 to work with gmail instead of a traditional smtp mail server.

1 Message

June 22nd, 2010 17:00

Hi I'm having the same issue:

I'm using :

smtp.gmail.com : 587

authentication is on

username is the full email

password is the one I use to sign in

I'm wondering if the scanner email client supports SSL-TLS?

1 Message

June 22nd, 2010 18:00

I don't believe it does.  If you can send out emails on port 25 from your network (if you are, you are lucky), you can use the gateway of aspmx.l.google.com with no authentication (try that first).  Barring that, you will have to find another smtp server.  Perhaps your ISP will have one that works.

No Events found!