Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2010 04:00

Dell 2135cn Black prints light gray

My printer is currently printing the black in a light gray. I'ver done all the toner refresh, drum refresh, changed cartridges and no luck. This happened about

2 months ago also, just hit the drum refresh and all was well unitl now. Now, that doesn't correct the problem. Any help? Thanks

2 Posts

August 15th, 2012 12:00

I have had the exact same experience.  Dell support was of no help, big surprise.  Last year the printer went grey then after a month pr so converted back to printing Black.  It seems to have a mind of it's own.  I have reset everything, replaced the Black toner too.  It prints all the other color with full saturation. 

Is the a Dell tech monitoring that has the fix for this annoying problem?

1 Message

June 3rd, 2014 11:00

I was having the same issue. Found this: "the fix was to go into setup, admin, maintenance, non-Dell toner - make sure this is showing "On""

I use non-Dell toner (because it's a third of the Dell price), and this worked for me.

2 Posts

December 21st, 2014 05:00

I am Having same Problem.. But i am using Original dell toner. SO what  can i do ?

Also i tried this setup option. Still not fixed.

Please anybody have solution. ?

Thanks In Advance

2 Posts

October 7th, 2019 11:00

Did you ever find a resolution to this problem that I am also having?  Thanks.

2 Posts

October 9th, 2019 08:00

I give up trying to resolve this issue. I am going to trade this piece of crap in on a Canon. Let me know if anyone on this list wants a new set of toner cartridges, including a large capacity black cartridge that I just spent close to $100 on hoping that it would cure this problem that seems to plague many Dell printers.

No Events found!