Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2010 11:00

Dell 2135cn fax will not answer using DRPD

Hi I have a 2135cn that was working in the DRPD config for over a year, it no longer will answer setup ike this, it will answer if I switch it to fax.  The strange part is that it seemed to quit working when there was a phone line outage. I have tried new firmware which I believe is the most current, I changed the DRPD tone patterns & had no success. I hooked up a old fax machine using the DRPD pattern 3 & the old machine will answer. I chatted with tech support & they suggested that if the firmware revision & reset did not work that the fax board is probably bad.   Has anyone ever experienced this or have any suggestions

2 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 13:00

I replaced a Dell AIO 960 with a 2135cn about three weeks ago, went through the whole thing with Dell Technical NO-support and their solution was to replace the printer.  Sure, whatever.  Now my total invested time in trying to get the fax to answer on a DRPD is about four hours.  Reading an online manual I saw instructions to activate a program within the printer that would recognize the first incoming call as the default DRPD ring pattern.  But the menu path in the online manual is NOT the same as the menu path in the printer settings.  For the past seven years, or so, this is the # 1 complaint about this printer.  I welcome any advice.

No Events found!