Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2013 11:00

Dell 2150Cn- error code 016-302

I have dell 2150cn. Error code 016-302

I have rebooted printer, removed eth cable from printer.

I can print from USB connection, but once I connect printer to network, printer spits out error code 016-302.

I have upgraded to lasted firmware, dont know what else to do

Anybody have any help?

thanks

1.3K Posts

October 29th, 2013 08:00

Hi Gravydog88,

Please follow all instructions carefully and print the test pages as requested. Keep us posted on the results.

Thanks & regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region ->
US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here

20 Posts

April 30th, 2014 18:00

Personally I think it's a compatibility issue with the website (and maybe windows 8) assuming Gravydog88 was printing a page from a website.

Our household has 2 3000cn printers, 1 desktop with Windows 8, 1 with 8 Pro, 1 with Linux.

There are some websites my wife tries to print recipes from. She clicks on print recipe and error 016-302 may present itself. This will happen on both Windows 8 desktops with both 3000cn printers (networked).Now if I go to the website with the Linux desktop the recipe prints as it should.

1 Message

July 21st, 2014 08:00

Thank you for posting this. Repaired my problem masterfully!

September 11th, 2014 08:00

I am getting the same error on that printer. The link to the resolve this doesn't work?

20 Posts

September 11th, 2014 17:00

What were you trying to print?

If from a website, can you supply the link?

7 Posts

September 16th, 2014 13:00

I tried the link you provided above, but it doesn't work.  I have the exact same problem.

1 Message

September 25th, 2014 22:00

I have the same problem, 016-302 error on my 2150cdn printer. 

The link mentioned above iwith instructions to fix the problem is not working.  Please advise.

Thank you,

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

September 26th, 2014 11:00

Hello Biller,

Thank you for posting to the forum. This error is often linked to data, usually a corrupt print job. Please review the attached word document which should provide steps you can use to reach a resolution.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3528/4466.016-Error-Guide.docx:0:0]

November 11th, 2014 06:00

The document is not complete? pages missing?

1 Message

November 13th, 2014 17:00

I am having the exact same issues.... 016-302 continues to appear.  

The document that is referenced in the link says to go to the last page and follow step 7... but there is no step 7.  Are pages mission?

1 Message

November 17th, 2014 06:00

Hi

Try changing the IP address of the printer by doing this steps.

Steps:

1. Remove Network Cable and try to Reset Network Settings

2. Quick Reboot on the printer and while turn off plug in the Cable

3. Try to Set Up the Printer again by Adding it on Devices and Manager

4. If step 4 doesn't work try using a Installation Cd or Downloading fresh drivers from Dell.com/Support

5. After adding the printer go to the web interface of your printer. (Note: If you have the IP Address of the printer Copy it and Open a Web Browser IE, Google Chrome or Mozilla)

6. When you are on the webinterface check for Print Server Settings. Find the Tab Printer Server Settings and look for TCP/IP.

7. Check for the IP Address and Select from the Get IP Address as Manual and type a new IP address set it as far as you can if you have too many network devices connected to network.

If you find it hard to follow this this I advice you to contact Dell Printer Support and we could give you help regarding your issue.

December 9th, 2014 03:00

Can anyone from dell provide a definitive & complete answer with a link or document that works?

We have had 3 printers with this error now!

1 Message

January 20th, 2015 10:00

The service manual flow chart is extremely simple. Does the error occur when you turn on the printer? Yes = Replaced ESS PWA(Formatter/Logic board), No = Complete.

I just received this error while printing a Test Grid while in Customer Diagnostics mode. This error is like all other printers where the CPU on the logic board has ran into an instruction it cannot process. It throws an error and halts the system to prevent unwanted code from being executed on the CPU. It protects itself otherwise the command could be anything really. For example, when you send a firmware update the CPU interprets 0xA1 0x00 0x00 as write 0x0000 at EEPROM or device located at IO 0xA1.... You could see how this could be harmfull if not intended. Some jobs will have these values in it but the printer is running the job through internal functions so 0xA1 becomes "Paint dot at location X".

Anyways, The advice given in this forum is correct. Generaly ANYTHING in between the PC and the printer can cause this. Incorrect and out dated drivers can cause this especially Windows 7 Universal Drivers and more specifically on 64 bit systems. Certain fonts inside PDFs can cause this. Some DOCX files with a custom table structure can cause this. The only way to troubleshoot would be to see if the same file is causing the crash. If the job sometimes prints then you need to look at the network hub/router if it's connected to the network. If it is directly connected via USB, then this may point toward failing RAM embedded on the PWA ESS logic board. The firmware Flash, CPU, RAM, and IO devices are all on 1 board. If you have defective RAM, the location that the job was stored at to get processed may have been changed and there is your invalid instruction. Same goes for the RAM on the network card. Even though the network card is embedded it may have it's own RAM to use as a buffer and the same problem can happen.

Since you have had 3 printers do the same thing, I would check drivers and maybe start disabling settings. If you are routed through a print queue on a server then this would all need to be done on the server. I have seen Windows 2008 R2 constantly crash the print spooler. There is no message and it will not restart. You would need to set the drivers on the server as Isolated so it will not affect the other print queues. Hope this all helps.

June 16th, 2015 13:00

I had this problem with a client with a certain PDF - it always died on the same page using the PCL driver.  Switching to the postscript driver for that particular document worked.

1 Message

August 8th, 2015 12:00

Thank you for the pointer to the trouble shooting pages.  I found the answer quickly by searching for the error code in the search box and then choosing the most recent KB post.  Completely cured my error.  Thank you.

No Events found!