Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 1st, 2012 13:00

Dell 2150cn Just Started Printing Lines

We have had this Dell 2150cn in the office for a little over a year, and all-of-the-sudden this morning it prints line after line in alternating fashion down the page in all colors, including black.  On black only pages it only prints black lines.  The black and white image below was made by going through the menu on the machine itself, cutting out the driver or network. I went into the Admin ... maintenance section for the machine and reset it to default, but nothing changed.  None of the cartridges have been changed in the last five days.  It printed out fine yesterday evening.  Below are three images of pages printed out by this machine.  I thank you in advance for your time and your replies, and I hope that someone can figure this out.

15 Posts

September 21st, 2012 13:00

Looks like a problem with the printhead device of the printer. Might wanna try doing the Drum refresh under menu and toner refresh. If that doesnt fix it, replace the PHD.

April 17th, 2014 08:00

My printer started printing colored bars across the page out of nowhere. I powered down and turned the printer back on--I'm a big fan of the reboot--but no changes. Just a note saying that my Magernta was "close to life." Aren't we all.. :) Anyway, I came upon these forums and I still couldn't really find out what had happened or what I needed to do. However, I did see a suggestion to navigate on the Menu page to something called a Toner Refresh and a Drum Refresh (I think I found it under maintenance). Drum Refresh did it!!! Back to printing as usual. Just wanted to pass it on...

Good hunting and printing people! <3

February 3rd, 2012 08:00

I'm guessing that no one has an idea what could cause this.:emotion-6:

February 10th, 2012 08:00

We have the exact same issue with a 2150CN this week as well - again no change of toner and suddenly its printing out coloured bands like the original screenshot shown above - any ideas what could cause this?

February 15th, 2012 16:00

I'm thinking that you are just going to have to do what I did and write the printer off.

15 Posts

February 26th, 2012 13:00

Seems like a problem with either the Printhead device or the transfer belt. Call tech support and if the printer is still under warranty, they can replace the PHD.

1 Message

September 21st, 2012 12:00

Same issue here. Have you tried to resolve issue. What print drivers version are you curently using(just want to compare)?

Thanks

1 Message

August 16th, 2014 08:00

The drum refresh worked! Thanks :)

1 Message

December 14th, 2016 09:00

Yes, drum refresh! Thanks so much :-)

1 Message

April 27th, 2018 11:00

Worked for me too!!! Thanks so much for your help letmertfm4u 

I appreciate it!!

No Events found!