Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

September 22nd, 2009 12:00

Dell 3010cn w/Error 024-969

Within the past few days my printer has started misbehaving. It has always worked perfectly up until now. I am getting the MPF load error 024-969 when trying to print to it. I can print reports from the panel without any issue, however I cannot send anything from my computer to it. I am running Windows 7, so I am not sure if there is a possible problem with the drivers or not. But it did work right after I installed it.

I am confused a bit by the MPF tray. Is that a setting for a manual tray and not the internal paper tray? If so, that is what my printer is locked into. I do not see any options from the printer panel or under my printing preferences to change this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

1.7K Posts

September 22nd, 2009 13:00

This error typically means that the Size of paper defined in the print job being sent from the application does not match the size of the paper the printer has set for the MPF. (in this printer, MPF = Manual Feed)

For example: If you send a Letter size job to the printer from, lets say MS-Word, but the printer currently has Legal size paper assigned in the MPF, this error will result.

14 Posts

September 22nd, 2009 15:00

I finally figured out the problem after looking deeper. Somehow Windows was set to print to A4 paper instead of letter that I had the printer set for. I changed the Windows printer default settings and now it is working fine. Thanks!

1 Message

November 5th, 2014 10:00

HELLO

i have the same problem can you help . 

who can i find this windows printer default setting

September 15th, 2017 11:00

So, how do you undo it?

No Events found!