Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

February 24th, 2014 09:00

Dell 3110cn Faulty Magenta Toner cartridge

I own a Dell 3110cn Color Laser Printer.  Today, I installed a brand new, Dell-branded magenta color toner cartridge that does not function and causes the printer to cease operations.

Toner was purchased directly from Dell in a kit with two other 4,000 page cartridges (Cyan and Yellow).  Those two cartridges are installed and working well.

Now printer gives following error message: "Check M Cart, Contact Support, Error M Cart, 093-290"

How do I get this defective cartridge replaced under warranty? 

105 Posts

February 24th, 2014 23:00

Oh this could be disappointing but Dell might accommodate your request to replace this toner because you purchased it directly from them and it's under warranty.

I thought that this problem won't happen with original ink cartridges especially with trusted brands like Dell, but what I am certain of is that you will get the necessary support to fix this issue. :emotion-2:

4 Posts

February 25th, 2014 04:00

Thanks, Isaiah.  I learned yesterday after a bit of web research that this is not, in fact, an uncommon problem, unfortunately.  Even found a dell.com/support article to that effect, here:

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/bb/en/bbdhs1/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=bb&l=en&s=dhs&docid=617110

I took all the recommended steps, even re-installed the nearly end-of-life previous Magenta toner cartridge as a work-around.  However, I cannot locate any information on how to update the firmware on this printer.  Doesn't seem to be supported by Dell any longer.

Non-response to this post by Dell is another worry...

4 Posts

April 21st, 2015 12:00

I've tried various recommended steps posted here, including sending a Private Message to "Dell Support" from my account, with ZERO RESPONSE since 2/24/2014 (!!!).  I had to buy an off-brand toner cartridge b/c my Dell original toner was faulty and Dell would not even acknowledge my request for help.

[tag:DellFail].

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

April 21st, 2015 12:00

Hello Tonerhelp,

I apologize for the issue your facing regarding the Dell branded toner you have. Please understand that these forums are primarily user to user, with Dell acting mostly as a moderator and responding when we can. For immediate support needs we ask that you contact us directly at 1-800-901-3355 or at dell.com/chatsupport.

Regarding your specific case, you should be able to have a replacement sent to you as toner purchased directly from Dell has a lifetime warranty. The technician will need the order number or DPID to verify the purchase. As well you will need to provide the PPID from the defective toner. It should be a 20-character alphanumeric code, starting with CN, MX, JP or KR.

We no longer offer email support for printers/imaging products and it was disabled for online requests so I am not sure how the system let it you submit it. Sorry any inconvenience caused by that.

Regards,

Joseph E

No Events found!