Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2010 15:00

Dell 3115cn Printer Installation CD

I purchased the Dell 3115CN printer on Ebay. I purchased the duplex, wireless card, and 550 sheet holder from Dell. I am attempting to install the printer with the wireless card but the installation CD is mandatory. Dell has requested I contact the seller and fill out a transfer of ownership form. I have done this on two occasions however it does not appear the seller is a frequent EBAY user so he is not checking his emails.

Is there any manner in which I can obtain the CD or purchase it?

Thanks

Steve

1 Message

October 24th, 2010 12:00

I have the exact same issue.  Would appreciate anyone who can direct/provide the utility on the CD.  Why is this utility not available?  I can download drivers fine, but now I must locate my printer where I must use the wireless function.  Can't set it up without CD. Bought the unit without CD.  Can't locate seller.  Can't get CD.  Sheesh!

Thanks,

Curtis

3 Posts

December 11th, 2014 12:00

I have the answer that will work! Yes the install CD makes it easy but if you don’t have one you need to do the following things.

1. Install the card and power up the printer. (See note 1)

2. Go into the admin menu and reset or initialize the NVM and reboot the printer.

3. Go in to the wireless IP menu and assign a static IP, Subnet, and GW address from your network range or let it use DHCP. (I prefer to use statics for printers)

4. Go to the wired network menu and give it a static IP, Subnet, and GW IP from your IP range.

5. Connect the printer to the hub or switch with a patch cable.

6. Get on your pc and open a browser and type in the LAN address you set in the printer. (See Note 3)

7. You should be able to get right in.

8. From there go to print server setting and then to wireless LAN.

9. From there you can set the SSID and security needed for the printer to get on your wireless AP or router.

10. Once that is set, you should be able to ping the wireless address you set. If you don’t, something is not right in your settings.

11. If you get a reply from the wireless IP, then go set up the printer as if it was a networked printer.

I did this and it worked with no CD! I do have the CD and I tried using it to set it up and I have found that my way is faster and cleaner for setting up the printer.

NOTE 1: If the wireless card is working correctly before configuration, you will see in the wireless status menu the connection change from good to no reception then back to good. You can also print a printer status page and the MFC should be displayed.

NOTE 2: You need to be savvy about your network and IP addressing. This is not for a basic user to do. So get someone who knows about networks if needed.

NOTE 3: You should get 4 replies from the ping test. If you don’t get an answer then you need to troubleshoot the LAN.

No Events found!