Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 17th, 2014 15:00

Dell 715 all in one printer

Printer is printing block of color when I print a page. It does this even if I switch to Black Ink only/  I have trouble shooted  but still haven"t solved the problem.  I can send you a copy of the alignment so you can see what I am talking about.

Thanks

Karen Wise

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 17th, 2014 15:00

Karen,

I know there is a solution, but I cannot remember which one was the solution.

Let's try the easiest one, first.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print jobs from the queue, then restart the computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Start, control panel, programs and features, your printer, uninstall

Restart your computer.

Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, insert the Dell Printer disk. If the printer is wireless, choose wireless, additional computer and follow the instructions. If the printer is using the usb cable, choose local usb connection and follow the instructions. It should prompt(USB Cable ONLY) to connect the printer(powered on) If wireless, make sure the printer is on and the wireless adapter light is green.

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Are the grey blocks gone?

Rick

7 Posts

January 18th, 2014 12:00

My printer is printing color blocks. I have tried everything and I am about to explode. Here is wat I have done:

I have used troubleshoot...

I have deep cleaned 

I cleaned the printer head

I was told to uninstall the printer and re-install using my disk when posed the question on Dell's Facedbook, that didn't work either.

Nothing has worked.  I did an alignment and I can see that the alignment is not right. I need someone to PLEASE look at my printer alignment and tell me how to fix it.  I would attach an example, but I don't see where is the ability to do so.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 18th, 2014 19:00

kwise150,

You reinstalled the printer using the instructions above and you're still getting the grey blocks?

You deep cleaned the printhead and still getting grey blocks.

I have these articles on this...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

I would also suggest downloading and running Belarc Advisor and get your product keys. Then I would try uninstalling Microsoft Word and reinstall it.

Rick

No Events found!