Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2008 22:00

Dell 922 AIO Vista issues

Based on a response I recieved from a reply to another post, I tried to clean any existing installed drivers for the printer using the R166239 driver.  The driver ran and said that everything had been cleaned, but after reboot when installing the driver for Vista - 32 bit, I was prompted that an installation already existed.  Sure enough, the Dell folder wasn't listed in the start menu, but I could see it from Windows explorer.  The printer will still copy but I really need to print.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 31st, 2008 02:00

MYOUNG46,

Please follow these instructions exactly and then before you install the drivers, look in explorer and see if the Dell Printer folder is there. If so, then delete it, then install the drivers as described below.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch (a MUST with Vista machines) to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

2 Posts

January 14th, 2009 19:00

This information returned my sanity!  After I switched from Windows XP to Windows Vista, my Dell AIO 922 printer was able to copy and print, but the scan function no longer worked until I followed your steps!  Many, many thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 14th, 2009 20:00

pianotulip,

Thanks for posting back. Glad you get the printer and your sanity back again! :emotion-5:

Rick

No Events found!