Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2009 09:00

Dell 924 Printer

I have replaced my color cartridge however it keeps telling me that it needs replacing.  I used a new Dell cartridge.  Prints fine, but it still keeps telling me it needs replacing.  I've just recently put another one in there.  I've run alignments, maintenance, etc.  Can someone please help me?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 3rd, 2009 17:00

geohorsn,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 5 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge.

Close the printer. It should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)         color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these ink cartridges are new, then take them to the place of purchase for a refund or replacements. If they're old, then try purchasing a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge.

Rick

2 Posts

December 3rd, 2009 20:00

Thanks for the info.  I tried this.  The only one with an issue is the color cartridge.  I do not use refillable cartridges, only new Dell.  Issue began when from one that I ordered online thru Dell itself.  Continued using it till it did actually give out of ink.  Replaced it with another one.  Still having the same issues. 

Any other ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 4th, 2009 03:00

geohorsn,

I have seen this where the ink cartridge on the printer reads full and the computer is a different reading.

Try reinstalling the drivers following the instructions from here.

924 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

No Events found!