Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2009 17:00

Dell 942 AIO Printer Malfunction - Software Issues?

I'm unable to print (or scan, etc) from my 942 AIO printer (connected to a Dell Dimension 5100 desktop using MS XP-Pro).  If I attempt to open the Dell All-in-One Centre Icon on my desktop I receive the following Windows error message:

Microsoft Visual C** Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 942\dbuaiox.exe

abnormal program termination

I've deleted the printer (via standard Windows Control Panel utility) and reinstalled it; and also uninstalled and then downloaded from the Dell site the newest printer driver (both several times - and in diffferent sequences) without fixing the problem.

If I attempt to print directly from an application; eg, MS Word (either by clicking on the printer icon or by File-Print), nothing gets to the printer but I receive other apparent error messages including one that there's a problem with the Spooler SubSystem App (spoolsv.exe Application Error) indicating that an instruction at (various locations) referenced memory at (various locations) and that the memory could not be "written".

Everything otherwise indicates that the printer is connected and operable.  In stand-alone mode it functions as designed.  Although by no means sure, I suspect that the dbuaiox.exe file is corrupted but can't find where/how to download a valid copy.  That may not be the only problem and how it happened I can't explain except that when I last used the printer the PC 'froze' when I attempted to shut down - so after a while unsuccessfully attempting various alternatives to exit 'normally' I finally disconnected the power supply.  On a few occasions I've had to do this before - with no such consequences.

I have no other problems with my system (that I've found).  All applications, utilities, etc appear to function normally.  I've completely scanned all disks for viruses, etc (with McAfee) and none was found.

I'd very much appreciate constructive advice from any gurus out there who believe they have the solution.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 1st, 2009 18:00

skipper62,

First make sure to go to Windows Updates and get the custom updates, especially the net framework. This is needed to run many applications. Also make sure to get the latest Java. Then try installing the printer this way.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be propmted when to connect the printer(powered on)

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

1 Message

February 6th, 2009 09:00

I am having the very same problem.  My Dell 942 AIO printer is connected to a Dell Dimension 8400; I bought them together.  I have done all that you recommended, above, but the All In One Center still does not appear, although I can print from the computer or internet, which I could not do before. 

I still get the run time error mentioned in the first post ("abnormal program termination").  When I click on the file, I get a Windows message that it cannot open the file and does not recognize it.  It recommends I search for the manufacturer.  The entire file is dlbuaiox.exe-2EAOI75A.pf.

Thanks for any help.

enbeja

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 21st, 2009 17:00

Paul,

I usually recommend disconnecting the printer. Download and run the patch to completely remove the printer. Restart your computer. In your case, try Manual Printer Driver Removal just to make sure the printer drivers are removed.

When you go to install the proper drivers, the file usually just unzips. Look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator. You should be prompted with an agreement and then with printer installation. The Dell All-In-One Center is in the driver package.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Also try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

4 Posts

October 21st, 2009 17:00

Rick

My Dell 942 has worked perfectly for all my other Dell laptop XP computers.  In Feb, I purchased a new Sony Vaio (Vista 32bit).  I connected my Dell 942 printer and the print function works, but I do not have the AIO center.  I have read in several posts about your patch (16631) and have used it several times.  Every time I download the 32 bit driver - and when the prompt tells me to plug in my USB cable, I almost immediately get a message that my device driver was not successfully installed for the Scan and Dell Photo AIO 942.  The box states that these functions are "pending".

Once the download is complete (151557), I run setup - it goes through the entire process - then says that I have an "AIOC exe has stopped working". 

As stated, my print function does work - which I believe tells me that the USB cable is okay.  I have also deleted a file from C:windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86 with no luck.

Also, I do beleive that the printer scans to my computer, but without the AIO center, I don't know where the scan file was sent to. 

I have access to my other XP machines and still bring them in for any scanning that I want to do.  But, I would like to fix the issue on my Sony laptop so I do not have to bring in other laptops.

Would appreciate any help you can give.

Paul

4 Posts

October 21st, 2009 18:00

Rick

Thank you for spending time with me.  As you might guess, I am not the most versed on computer issues.  However, I did once again follow these steps:

1.  Unplugged USB printer cable

2.  Got patch (166311) from your above thread - downloaded patch - ran "Dell Cleanup Utility"

3.  Rebooted computer

4.  Using "Manual Printer Driver Removal" link, followed instructions to look in the printer drivers.  One driver remained, (which it did not give me the button to remove) that was called "Dell Print -2 Fax   Printer X86"

4.  Downloaded the 32 bit driver for Dell 942 (R151557)

5.  Had the same problem.  No All-in-One Center.  Can still print but the "AIOC exe" failed to load successfully.

Paul

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2009 04:00

Paul,

What virus program are you using?

Any security suites?

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

This is a laptop, correct?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2009 08:00

Paul,

Norton is probably the culprit. Read THIS ARTICLE. and try again, I think you have the sequence memorized. :emotion-5:

Rick

4 Posts

October 22nd, 2009 08:00

Rick

It is a laptop.  It is a Sony Vaio with Vista Prem Home Addition - 32 bit. 

I am running Norton Internet Security.

I downloaded the latest Java yesterday from your link above.  My computer automatically runs Windows updates daily, but I did go out to history and found that the .net framework 3.5 service pack 1 update was installed last on 10/16/09.  Prior to that, it was installed and updated 8/8/09 and 8/6/09. 

It does not seem to me that each time I run the patch, that all the drivers are being removed.  After running the Dell Cleanup Utility - I still have a Dell942 file on my C: drive that holds drivers for "Scan" and "Win_XP2K".  Should those be removed after the Cleanup?

Paul

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 22nd, 2009 10:00

Paul,

It's possible to have a problem with the USB Ports.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Rick

4 Posts

October 22nd, 2009 10:00

Rick

I beleive I have a newer version that 2007.  My screen did not look anything like what was in the article.  Instead, I repeated the process, took down my firewall for the loading of new driver, and it still did not work.

Therefore, I am out of time and patience with it.  I still have the print function and will buy a new printer/scanner in the near future.

I do appreciate your assistance.

Paul

No Events found!