Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 11:00

Dell 942 error - Prop Bitmap DLL not loaded

Can anyone help me? How do I fix this? I am having several problems..the printer will not recognise my new color cartrage, I can not scan, and when i print I get this error about a bitmap DLL and I have to hit OK like 10 times to print.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 28th, 2009 13:00

eener1234,

You are using Dell Series 5 cartridges, correct?

Can you make a copy of a document? B&W and color?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 5 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge.

Close the printer. It should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)         color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 28th, 2009 15:00

Renee,

You need to disconnect the printer.

Run the patch.

Then after you restart your computer, then install the XP Drivers ONLY. You should be able to use the disk since you have Xp or you can use the downloaded drivers. If you use the downloaded drivers, sometimes the drivers just unzip and sit there. You might have to located the setup.exe file in the folder and click on it.

You should get a prompt that the printer is NOt connected. At this time you connect the printer. If the printer is still not found, then try a different USB Port. Please use a 6ft or smaller UB Cable.

The error message you got was beacuse the printer drivers were not installed correctly. If the printer still does not install, please give me the make and model of your computer and operating system.

Rick

6 Posts

October 28th, 2009 15:00

Hi Rick,  let me answer your questions first. Yes, I am using Dell serise 5 from Staples, I think it is a bad cartridge I plan to return it. Yes, I can make a B&W copy. I unplugged my printer as suggested and replugged in.

What I did while waiting for a reply was to go thru all your steps that were posted on a previous posting: I Disabled my firewall, Updated all Windows XP info & latest Java, disconnected printer, downloaded and ran "this patch" to remove printer completely, restart computer, download proper drivers "XP drivers", Installed " All other drivers" which was the same as XP driver, powered on printer when requested, loaded Dell disk that came with computer BUT could not find an OCR or Abbyy folder but I did find an Install folder and ran the setup.exe file. I received a warning that the device is not configured correctly (CODE 1), when I went to the Start up there was my All in One BUT when I clicked on it, it gave me this message "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library", "Runtime Error", "C:\Program Files\Dell Photo AIO Printer 942\dlbuaiox.exe", abnormal program termination" I just dont know what to do at this point and Dell wont help me via phone because it is out of warrenty, and I cant get "chat on-line" help to work today for some reason. Thanks for your help. Renee

6 Posts

October 28th, 2009 16:00

Hi Rick,

I did just what you said and I still get the same Error Code. I have a DELL XPS GEN 5 (2005) with windows XP w/ latest updates.

What do you suggest I do?

Thank you for your help.

Renee

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 28th, 2009 17:00

Renee,

You Download Latest Java, correct?

Next thing to try is go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number. Download the chipset drivers and save them to your desktop. Install the chipset drivers and restart your computer.

Disconnect printer, run the patch, restart, install drivers.

Try different USB Ports, front and back.

What happens?

Rick

6 Posts

October 29th, 2009 10:00

Hi Jessie,

Yes I did download the latest Java

I did exactly what you suggested above, step by step and once again I received an "abnormal program termination dlbuaiox.exe"

I went to staples and replaced the color cartage so that issue has been taken care of.

I just can NOT get this "All in One" program to work so I can scan.

No Events found!