Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SB

May 27th, 2011 14:00

Dell 948 won't print the bottom of my document

Hi

I have been given a Word 7 document template to work with that has a 3/8" border on all four sides. My Dell 948 will print the border on the top and sides, but will not accept a bottom margin of less than 0.5", so it cuts off the border. I have fiddled around in Word with changing page margins and border margin, tried printing borderless, reinstalled the driver, which included a web update search. Nothing changes the problem. Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 28th, 2011 05:00

Sandy Bon,

Each printer has it printer margins. Some printers you can get arounbd theses margins and some you cannot. Since you're using Word, did you remove the footer? It best to keep the default printer settings and then work with the document.

Rick

May 28th, 2011 06:00

TKs PudgyOne

I moved the footer up, and the footer then prints. I tried to change the location of the bottom border of the border. It was set at 24 points all around. that measures 3/8" on the hard copy printed page. I moved ithe bottom bporder setting up to the max allowed, which was 31 points, but the result didn't change in the print preview, nor in the rpinted page - still no bottom border. Don't know what that's about, do you? (I really can't understand why the client insists on this border, but that I cannot control)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 29th, 2011 05:00

Sandy Bon,

Check the printer preferences and make sure the proper paper is selected?

Is the header used? If not, try turning it off.

Rick

May 31st, 2011 07:00

checked printer preferences. 81/2 x 11 is selected.

This document doesn't have a header. Where would you turn off header - in word or in the printer menus?

TKS

Sandy

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 31st, 2011 11:00

Sandy,

I do not have Microsoft Word installed at home. With the document open, you should be able to turn the header off the same place as the footer, might be tools, options. Cannot be sure until I get to work. I have computer access over the weekend.

Rick

No Events found!