Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2009 15:00

Dell 962 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch, a MUST on Vista machines, until it prompts you to restart your computer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

If using Windows 7, use the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. 

Right click on the setup.exe file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista(Try Vista SP2). Then install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

4 Posts

June 28th, 2011 23:00

Hi Rick

im using windows 7 ultimate with the 962 printer and i want the software Center all-in-one, i did the previous install steps you suggested but doesnt seem to be there

can you help?

thanks a million

Patrick

4 Posts

June 29th, 2011 01:00

Hi Rick

no, not upgraded to Win &, i had to fomat and install again...

im using Windows Essentials as firewall and virus

sorry its in french but we can see all the info

Nom de l'h“te:                              MARTINE-PCNom du systŠme d'exploitation:              Microsoft Windowsÿ7 dition Int‚grale Version du systŠme:                         6.1.7600 N/A version 7600Fabricant du systŠme d'exploitation:        Microsoft CorporationConfiguration du systŠme d'exploitation:    Station de travail autonomeType de version du systŠme d'exploitation:  Multiprocessor FreePropri‚taire enregistr‚:                    MartineOrganisation enregistr‚e:                   Identificateur de produit:                  (removed)d'installation originale:              2011-06-28, 22:54:05Heure de d‚marrage du systŠme:              2011-06-29, 02:18:06Fabricant du systŠme:                       Dell Inc.                ModŠle du systŠme:                          Dimension 4700               Type du systŠme:                            X86-based PCProcesseur(s):                              1 processeur(s) install‚(s).                                            [01]ÿ: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2793 MHzVersion du BIOS:                            Dell Inc.                 A06, 2005-01-10R‚pertoire Windows:                         C:\WindowsR‚pertoire systŠme:                         C:\Windows\system32P‚riph‚rique d'amor‡age:                    \Device\HarddiskVolume2Option r‚gionale du systŠme:                fr-ca;Fran‡ais (Canada)ParamŠtres r‚gionaux d'entr‚e:              en-ca;Anglais (Canada)Fuseau horaire:                             (UTC-05:00) Est (.-U. et Canada)M‚moire physique totale:                    1ÿ278 MoM‚moire physique disponible:                151 MoM‚moire virtuelleÿ: taille maximale:        2ÿ556 MoM‚moire virtuelleÿ: disponible:             1ÿ191 MoM‚moire virtuelleÿ: en cours d'utilisation: 1ÿ365 MoEmplacements des fichiers d'‚change:        C:\pagefile.sysDomaine:                                    WORKGROUPServeur d'ouverture de session:             \\MARTINE-PCCorrectif(s):                               6 Corrections install‚es.                                            [01]: KB982861                                            [02]: 982861                                            [03]: KB2454826                                            [04]: KB978601                                            [05]: KB979309                                            [06]: KB981889Carte(s) r‚seau:                            1 carte(s) r‚seau install‚e(s).                                            [01]: Connexion r‚seau Intel(R) PRO/100                                                  Nom de la connexionÿ: Connexion au r‚seau local                                                  DHCP activ‚ÿ:         Oui                                                  Serveur DHCPÿ:        10.23.113.5                                                  Adresse(s) IP                                                  [01]: 74.57.192.109                                                  [02]: fe80::e124:5fac:dd38:a22e

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 29th, 2011 03:00

Patrick,

That was good. Most go in a straight line going down, but I needed to know some information and that it is French.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer. Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers. Install the Vista 32-bit drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode. You should get a message, the printer is not connected. Attache the printer at this time(powered on). The printer probably will not install. Hit the Windows key and the R keys at the same time type the letters in red. (C:\Program Files\Dell 962\Drivers) You should see an English folder there. Right click and create a new folder. Name the folder French. Copy everything in the English folder and paste it to the French Folder.

Right click on the Vista 32-bit drivers and run as administrator. The printer should install this time. The drivers need to match the operating system. The printer will work but in English. You can try the FRENCH VISTA 32-BIT DRIVERS FOR THE DELL 962 PRINTER but I'm not sure if they'll work.

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Also read...

Language Solution for Dell Inkjet Printers

Also read...

Allow Printer past Microsoft Essentials

Rick

(Hope I placed the information near the time zones correctly. If I did not, sorry)

Nom of systŠme: Microsoft Windowsÿ7? Int edition,
Gral systŠme Version: 6.1.7600 N / A version of 7600
Fabricant systŠme: Microsoft Corporation
Configuration systŠme the operating : Workstation autonome
Type version of systŠme Operating Multiprocessor Free
systŠme Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
ModŠle of systŠme: Dimension 4700
Type systŠme: X86-based PC
Processeur (s): 1 Processor (s) install, (s). [01] ÿ: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~ 2793 MHz
Version BIOS: Dell Inc. A06, 2005-01-10R,
Windows directory: C: \ WindowsR, systŠme directory: C: \ Windows \ system32P, riph, amor ‡ age of America: \ Device \ HarddiskVolume2Option r,
gional the systŠme: en-us;
Fran ‡ ais (Canada) ParamStr r, gional inlet, e: en-ca;
English (Canada) Time Zone: (UTC-05: 00)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 29th, 2011 11:00

Patrick,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Also try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to

Take care,

Rick

4 Posts

June 29th, 2011 11:00

Hi Rick,

did the required steps and worked foine!

i have now access to dell center all in one sotware and all the coponents are working

thanks you very much!

the french vista drivers worked!!

1 Message

November 8th, 2011 06:00

I have the printer setup and it scans using the scan utility in the control panel.  Which has its limitations to one page at a time

- Unfortunately I am unable to scan using the hot keys on the printer itself.

I would really like to be able to use:

- the ocr software to scan business cards to an excel file or similar file 

- Scan multiple pages into pdf  or single word document for sending corporate documents

Please advise.

jim

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 8th, 2011 09:00

Jim,

Do you have the Dell All-In-One Cemter installed?

Do you have ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint installed?

Rick

1 Message

August 6th, 2012 17:00

Thank you.  I went into C:\Windows\Systme32\Spool\PRINTERS  and deleted all files in that directory.  Restarted my computer and YES YES YES.  I can print, now.  Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.  It is much appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 6th, 2012 17:00

LoyceSaylor,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Yes, stuck print job(s) in the queue will cause problems.

Take care,

Rick

April 17th, 2014 23:00

Hi Rockstar, you really Rock! This still works in 2014...thanks so much! I will also try the network connection bit if I add another user. Thanks to everyone here, judya

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 18th, 2014 03:00

Judya,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

August 8th, 2014 03:00

The driver page is a JOKE, they don't offer a single driver for this printer.

SHAME ON DELL!

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

August 8th, 2014 13:00

Hello Patrcik83,

Thank you for posting to the forum. I can assure we have drivers posted for any model we have sold. The specific supported operating systems will vary by model. Can you advise of the printer your trying to locate?

Regards,
Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 10th, 2014 20:00

Patrick83,

The Vista 32-bit drivers works for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Operating systems if installed in the Vista Compatibility mode

The Vista 64-bit drivers works for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Operating systems if installed in the Vista Compatibility mode

Try these instructions below...

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

No Events found!