Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2012 21:00

Dell 968 AIO Will not fax

Hello.  I came across my fax machine by my father who recently passed away.  It worked just fine at his house however, he did not have the fax set up so I do not think he ever started using the fax.  I tried to open and save the "User's Guide" but it looks like no other User's Guide I have seen before.  It comes up on WinZip and then when I extract it, it's like several different icons and not an actual manual.

Anyway, I was trying to send a fax tonight and I tried several times (at least six).  I called the fax number I was trying to reach from my home phone, that worked.  I turned up the dialing sounds on the fax machine so I could make sure it was working, they were.  I called the fax machine with my home phone and there was a fax sound.  However, when I try to fax, I get a message on the screen of "no answer" and one other time, it looked like it was finally sending something but it only sent 1 out of 6 pages and came back, "remote fax not responding" or something similar to that.  I have the fax connected to the wall jack and the other end in the "fax" jack on the computer.  I am not sure what is going on here or why it will not fax for me!

I am using Windows Vista, anything else you need to know, please ask because I am not sure what you need to know as far as the system but I desparately need this to work.  Should have just kept my fax I guess and I am hoping someone can help me soon.  (I am unemployed so I rely on the fax to send out applications/resumes).  Please help.

Thanks,

Kerri

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 23rd, 2012 22:00

Kerri,

What type of Internet Service are you using?

Start, all programs, ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint, ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint

Is this installed on your computer?

Rick

No Events found!