Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 12th, 2009 11:00

Dell 968 AIO

I recently got a new computer and I would like to remove my old computer name from the list of computers on my printer.

What I mean is when I go to scan on my printer is brings up a list of computers that I can scan to and I would like to remove my old computer from that list.

Can anyone please help me?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 14th, 2009 18:00

Icbrady36,

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Could you mark the verify answer(s) that helped you solve your problem, so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to fix your problem(s).

Thanks,

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 13th, 2009 02:00

Icbrady36,

I think I might be able to help you. Does your printer have an ip address?

Rick

6 Posts

August 13th, 2009 07:00

Yes it does... but now I think I have more problems...

When I posted this question there were 4 computers listed on my printer... Well I shut it off because I had to move it and now there is one computer, named G (no idea what that is) and when I select that computer it asked me for a PIN which I never created...

HELP!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 13th, 2009 08:00

Icbrady36,

That should be a problem. The quick way in to the printer is to type the ipaddress into the address bar of your browser. These instructions should help you with removing the printer from the list.

Removing computers from printer scan list

Rick

6 Posts

August 13th, 2009 09:00

And for some reason we can only scan to one computer...

If you can help me with this you are a tech genius!!!

6 Posts

August 13th, 2009 09:00

Awesome... Thank you so much!!!

Now do you know how to fix the problem when I try to scan and sometimes I get the message "can not retrieve scan application list from your computer"?

We used to get the message all the time but while under warrenty we had a tech help us with this issue... then we got this new computer and now we get it all the time again... any suggestions on how to fix it?

It is so annoying!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 13th, 2009 15:00

Icbrady36,

First, I usually use these tweaks on all my computers in my home. Also tell me what type of security you're using in your wireless router and what channel you're using.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

On the computer that doesn't work, try un-installing the drivers, then restart your computer. Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers, choose network and follow the instructions.

Rick

6 Posts

August 13th, 2009 18:00

I tried everything you said and it didn't help.

I ran into one issue where i could not

"Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power."

as i did not have 'wireless adapter' there... and the two things I did have did not have the "power management" tab.

I did install the drivers but still nothing... I jsut don't get it.

Also I am not to savy on security on my wireless network so I am not exactly sure what you are asking...

August 13th, 2009 21:00

Icbrady36,

Most wireless routers sit in a warehouse and they get out of date. Installing firmware from the manufacturers website usually helps. Most wireless devices love WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal) Most wireless devices work best on channels 1, 6 or 11, I use channel 11. I have a print server, so I have my wireless router set for mixed mode.

Using these settings will make your connection more secure and you'll notice fewer disconnections.

Rick

6 Posts

August 14th, 2009 18:00

Thank you so much for all your help... It was all very helpful... and worked!!!

Thanks!!!

No Events found!