Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2011 06:00

Dell A90 printer

I have Windows XP and Dell A920 printer.  I was having problems printing - it would stop in the middle of printing with a message saying that the cartridges were not installed correctly but they were in the printer for awhile.  I got frustrated and uninstalled the printer.  When I went to reinstall it, I got message saying that the printer was not connected properly to the computer.  I checked everything and it seems to be connected right. I also unplugged everything from the wall, waited a few minutes and tried again but I still get the same message.  What am I doing wrong?  And thanks fireberd!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 15th, 2011 07:00

Tondeb23,

Have to have the printer working or it will not install.

Are you using Dell Series 1 ink cartridges?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 1 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 1 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these are Dell Series 1 ink cartridges, then take them back to the place of purchase for a replacement or refund.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 20th, 2011 13:00

Tondeb23,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Insert the printer disk and install the printer. You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell A920 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

3 Posts

February 20th, 2011 13:00

I did what you said, I unplugged the printer, waited, plugged back in and nothing.  I do have Dell Series 1 cartridges that I bought in Staples.  All I did was uninstall the printer, put the Dell CD in that says Drivers and Utilities Dell Personal All in one Printer A920 to reinstall the printer and it says that no printer is attached.  How can I fix this?

January 27th, 2014 15:00

Hi,

I think you USB cable other USB port problem create. If possible change printer cable and connect different USB port. If same problem then USB driver update in windows. If same problem then one solution different PC or Laptop checking printer if possible.

Thanks..

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 28th, 2014 08:00

This thread is locked, due to age.

If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forum

Thank you

No Events found!