Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2010 10:00

Dell AIO 924 Right cartridge incorrect

I have been recieving a Right cartridge incorrect message on my printer. I have replaced both cartridges and cleaned all of the contacts on the inside of the printer, but it still gives the message and refuses to recognize the color cartridge, the black one works fine. Is there any way i can fix it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2010 15:00

Lyonpride,

You are using Dell Series 5 ink cartridges, correct?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 5 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge.

Close the printer. It should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)         color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these ink cartridges are new, then take them to the place of purchase for a refund or replacements. If they're old, then try purchasing a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge.

Rick

No Events found!