This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2009 17:00

Dell AIO 924, Wireless adaptor 3300 and vista

Hi,

We have three computer (1 XP and 2 Vista),

We downloaded the last driver about Dell printer 924,

We downloaded the last utility and firmware about wireless adaptor 3300,

On XP, that works fine,

With Vista impossible to print even if we see the wireless adaptor (The Dell924 port is present) !?

The wireless adaptor have a static IP,

The Dell Website seems to be not update with the last drivers ...

Where we could download the last drivers ?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 17th, 2009 17:00

pfrossard,

Please follow these instructions very closely and let me know that happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers.

All other drivers

Now let's fix your wireless router. Using the settings below will make everything work better.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal). Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels. (I use channel 11)

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

3300 Utility

3300 Firmware

Attach the 3300 to your computer using the USB Cable and insert the 3300 disk. Follow the instructions. It should ask you for the network ID, type of security and password.

Install the drivers(on each computer), choose network, choose I'm using a wireless print server(if you do not see this, then choose add printer and you should see it then) and follow the instructions. Do NOT join the ink program as it conflicts with Vista machines.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

3 Posts

March 18th, 2009 05:00

Hi,

I checked before the driver 1.0.6.2 for vista but nothing append ...

When we start to print, the printer monitor start (without ink informations),

and the page stay in the spooler ...

We have also an error from the spoolsv.exe (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library) in one Vista computer,

Your CleanUp utility is very long ... but correct this problem,

I see a driver 1.0.7.1 but I unable to find it ?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 18th, 2009 12:00

pfossard,

I really don't understand what you're trying to tell me.

Try...

Hit the Windows Key and the R keys at the same time. Type

services.msc

Hit enter. Look for the Print Spooler and make sure it's set for automatic and restart the service. Look for the dlcj and make sure it's set for automatic. Restart the service.

What are the results now? If they work, great. If there is a problem one, the exact error message, Make & Model of computer and Operating system.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 18th, 2009 15:00

pfrossard,

Try using system restore and take the computer back in time, it will remove what you just did.

Did the computers ever communicate with the 3300 and the 924 printer? If so try using system restore and go back that far, if you can.

You only need to install the proper drivers for the system you're using.

Rick

Maybe we should do this one computer at a time.

3 Posts

March 18th, 2009 15:00

Hi,

After the installation of the last driver for Vista (version 1.0.6.3 / the last driver available on the Dell Website) and after restart the computer,

each minute we have an error message from the spoolsv.exe (It's the printer spooler service),

The message is :

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C: \WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
abnormal program termination

Now, the computers are none printers available (In printers under the control menu),

Have you another driver for Vista ?

Now, the Dell cleanup utility doesn't remove this error ...

Thanks.

No Events found!