Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 23rd, 2009 10:00

Dell AIO 924 driver solution for windows 7

Anyone had any success installing drivers that works for this Dell AIO 924 printer in Windows7?

1 Message

October 4th, 2010 15:00

I followed your directions and the driver starts to load, and seemingly gets almost to the end (the bar almost goes to the end), them it just disappears....when i go into control panel and look in the device and printer.  There is a pic of a printer underneath it's labeled Dell Photo AIO 924 printer and it has a green check mark.  When I go to print, it looks like everything is fine, but it just sits there not printing...I got a message that said "Enable biodirection communication in printer properties dialog"  I have no idea what that means, do you?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 4th, 2010 18:00

1 Message

November 5th, 2010 16:00

Rick, Boai,

thousands, millions, billions of thanks!!!!

I've tried several times -I started a few months ago!!!- to install the Vista driver on my new Windows 7 laptop, by following all the steps suggested by Rick but I always got a message from the tray icon saying "installation failed".

I also tried some modifications, but I always got the same sad result (if not worst): the device was visible and working as a scanner, but it was not useful for printing.

In my last attempt before to throw the printer outside the window :emotion-12:, I read the suggestion by Boai and before following the procedure I made the copies of "english" folders naming them "italian"

The result is that..... it works!!!!

I still got the message "installation failed" from the tray icon, but the installation process ends properly and the Printer works correctly

@Boai: I don't know how you discover it, but I really want to compliment you for your hint!

Simone

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 6th, 2010 15:00

essebi,

Thank you for the instructions. If you could be so kind to put these instructions in this thread...

Dell 924 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Then we can share this with others. I can mark the thread as a solution and it will bring the thread near the top so others can find this solution easier.

I can locate sme drivers but sometimes locating drivers for a Language, then the operating system and 64-bit can be hit or miss. I  must remember your solution so this will help others with systems that are in different languages.

Grazie e prendersi cura

Rick

10 Posts

November 25th, 2010 05:00

Hi CRITICEYE

I have the same problem, please tell me if you solved, I temporarily solve using the Virtual PC program that you can use windows xp on your win 7 ... there you can install the printer and print normally, free download here http://www.taringa.net/posts/downloads/6487749/Virtual-XP-_VXP_-para-Windows-7.html

Is there an rignt answer for the problem? Can you share it with us?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 13th, 2010 11:00

Maxx0529,

Dell's Drivers & Downloads does NOT like Mozilla Firefox, unless you use IE Tab :: Firefox Add-ons

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager and use Internet Explorer to download the drivers.

Rick

1 Message

December 13th, 2010 11:00

I need help. I went to the section of Dell support that has the link for the Vista 64 bit driver, I downloaded it and when I went to open it , it says No files to download. but like I said before  I went to Drivers and Downloads clicked on 64bit blah blah blah it gave me the option to Save File (but no choice where I wanted to save it to) and its on my downloaded list and everything. Any advice? Btw I use Mozilla Firefox if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

:emotion-2:

1 Message

December 24th, 2010 03:00

Thanks all for the clear instructions !

After hours of trying, finally it works !!!! Nice Christmas present !

Thanks a million, Boai, you gave the final touch !!!

First follow all instruction given by Rick to uninstall all previous installations.

Then click on the link to the DELL download center & Download file Vista 64-bit drivers

Before unzipping the R148157 file, make sure to chose Compatibility Mode : Vista and execute with Administrator privilege

When the file is unzipped, it creates a Folder “drivers” under C drive.

In the Folder “c:\drivers\printer\924\drivers\Win_XP2K” there will be different files named “english”.

For any english files that you will find, just copy the content of those files, and paste in a new file named by your system language (e.g. french).

In the previous post, Boai had to create 2. I had to create 3 under “common”, “i386”, and “x64”.

When the printer is installed, it runs a kind of « second round » with the second language and at the end, the Dell suggestion for a test page !!!!

Thanks again & Merry Christmas

5 Posts

December 25th, 2010 21:00

I got it to work. I tried all the compatibility tip from these post but they didn't work for me. I had given up and uninstalling it all and be done with it. Than I decided to try it one more time. This time I tried it with out all that incompatibility stuff and installed normal, plugged in my USB cable, the installation started when it finished, went to the printer preference, than the maintance tab I saw the tank levels showing (good sign), click on test page button. The can't communicate popped up, turned off the printer, pressed continue, same popup, unplugged the USB and back in, pressed continue again and success!, tried printing some pictures than some webpages all good.

Hope this helps

Cheers

1 Message

January 3rd, 2011 14:00

Rick, This solution was perfect as I just installed Windows 7. I have a home network and have the AIO 924 hard wired to a desktop but want to be able to print from other PC's. When I try to add the printer on the other PC's it's asking for the driver but I can't seem to find the file it's asking for. Any ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 3rd, 2011 16:00

earringfan,

Did you try using the drivers from Dell 924 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7), choose network and select the proper selection?

Try reading...

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP this works both ways

File and Print Sharing in Vista (Thanks to mombodog)

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

Rick

1 Message

January 11th, 2011 20:00

Something error occurs when opening the link, Is the link invalid?

10 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 08:00

Hi smitten00, sorry for the late reply, I lostr track of all emails about this post. Hopefully you found the solution of Boai at 10-30-2010 useful.

I gave up on Dell and bought a Canon MG5250. Works great! The Dell AIO 924 is back in the box. Think I will sell it on eBay to an XP-user, since it is as good as new.

I will never recommend a Dell printer to anyone who likes to keep his system up-to-date! :emotion-45:

8 Posts

March 5th, 2011 15:00

Rick,

I hope you can help me, like you have all the others.  I've already followed your standard help message and I'm pleased to say I've installed the drivers and software on my new Lenovo Win 7 laptop.  The problems is that when I try to print a test page on my 924 connected via usb to my Dell desktop which is connected to my router by lan cable and of course my laptop is connected to to the router wirelessly, I get a connection error.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and all have the same result.  The laptop and destop are networked correctly as file sharing works both ways and there are no problems with the printer connection.  Are you able to help?

Sean

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 5th, 2011 20:00

Sean,

Your Dell 924 is connected to the Dell Desktop. It's setup for printer sharing. No print jobs are stuck in the queue on the Dell Desktop, correct?

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

On Lenovo, run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Make sure the printer is not attached to this computer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Link to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 924 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Before we proceed furthur, on the Lenovo, Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?

Virus program and firewalls on each computer, please.

Rick

No Events found!