Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2010 16:00

Dell AIO 948 Scan/Fax Black Stripe on side of page??

Whenever I use the scan or fax function I see a black stripe down the rt. side of the page that obscures any of that page content. The print functions OK, only an electronic problem. Any ideas??

March 28th, 2010 02:00

soapbar,

If you're using the ADF, then try cleaning the glass with a  coffee filter, especially at the edges near the ADF.

Rick

2 Posts

March 28th, 2010 10:00

Hi Rick,

I've cleaned, reloaded firmware,drivers etc. Makes no difference if I use the ADF or flat bed.  It appears after closer inspection doing test runs with the lid open that a couple of those little led looking lamps traversing under the scanner bed may be out right at the top end of the bar, it is very frustrating as I am not a heavy user of the scan/fax function, but need it from time to time. Do you know can those be replaced or repaired without being cost prohibitive?

Thanks for your comments.

John

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 28th, 2010 12:00

John,

To replace the bulb, if you could, would probably be a little costly. You can purchase a new printer for the same cost.  I would try using all the ink up by using it as a printer, then consider purchasing a new printer. If you go to the Dell Printer Learning Center the litttle tutorial there will help you in selecting the type of printer that you're looking for.

I had a Dell 964 printer attached to a Dell Wireless Print ASdapter 3300 and it would work with no problems. I could scan, copy and print wirelessly. The printer could also fax. When I moved, I got a Dell V715w Wireless Printer. It also has these functions and has eco mode that puts the printer to sleep and wakes up when I send a print job. It also prints on both sides to save paper.

I rarely used the fax function and with the modern technology of today, most documents that were faxed can now be emailed, saving the cost of printing and now places are storing the digital images of the documents instead of the paper documents.

I wish you well in the search for a new printer. Thought I'd give you a few ideas to help you.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!