Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2011 19:00

Dell AIO 962 "Right Cartridge Incorrect"

I have been using the printer up until yesterday with not problems. I went to buy a Black Ink Cartridge J5566 because I ran out but the Color Ink was more than half full. I replaced the black cartridge and now I get an error stating "Right Cartridge Incorrect".. How do I fix it? Please help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2011 04:00

AdrianaSFleury,

Did you purchase Dell Series 5 ink cartridge?

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error message the printer is getting. Plug the printer back in.

Turn on the printer. Open up the printer and take out the black cartridge and reseat it. Do the same for the color cartridge. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page. Any error messages?

If you still get the error message, then it's possible that the sensor in the Dell Series 5 ink cartridge is bad. If this is a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge, then take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement or refund.

black = black side(left)                               color = color side(right)

photo cartridge = black side(left               color = color side(right)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to purchase a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

1 Message

April 27th, 2011 07:00

Hello Rick,

I had the exact same problem with my 962 as Adriana that just started yesterday.  My black ink cartridge is low, the color about 1/3 full.  I have the error message - "right cartridge incorrect".  When I try to print any document, the printer sounds like it is working but absolutely no ink is coming out.  I tried your solution of unplugging and restarting.  The printer will not print anything or even go thru the motions of printing like it did before.  How can the sensor go bad just sitting in the printer after it has been used successfully?  I find it interesting that my printer is having the same problem on the same day as another user.  Is there any other solutions to this problem, before I go out and buy new ink cartridges?

Thanks,

BevDell

P.S. - I just purchased new ink cartridges and now everything is working fine.  It's such a waste of my money to have a printer that will not print because of low ink (not no ink).  Just wish Dell could have a better system to waste ink or my $$$. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 27th, 2011 16:00

BevDell,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Is the printer near an air duct or a place where there is a lot of air flow? If so, I recommend putting it in a place where there is less air. The less air will not dry out the cartridges as quick and the'll last longer. I used to Have a Dell 964 Printer and I started using the Dell High Capacity cartridges and they lasted a long time, especially with all the homework done in my home.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!