Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2009 02:00

Dell AIO 964 & Windows 7

Printer does not print

Have uninstalled drivers and used the cleanup utility andf then rebooted

Reinstalled 146813 installing as Vista and Administrator as per PodgyOne on other thread

Appears to install ok

However when print sits in queue against the printer (idle) and then get error message Connection not Available

Print is connected via USB to Windows XP Pro PC on network and is set to share so install on W7 pc was done as Peer to Peer

any further thoughts?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 6th, 2009 12:00

aidanddennis,

I have a Dell 964 Printer and have mine connected to a Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 and it does work with Windows 7.

Did you follow the instructions from here?

964 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Also try reading...

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

If you're on a network, I'd recommend using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings

Rick

December 6th, 2009 23:00

when I first bought the 964 I set it up running wireless - but got too fed up with only 95% good connection hence went to USB, that has worled flawlessly for over a year.

I have rechecked your guidance from the other thread and the only thing i did not follow was when downloading the drivers I only downloaded 146813 which i understand to be the Vista 64 bit driver.  Are you suggesting that I should download and instal all drivers?  That does seem at odds with normal

I am begining to think it has something more to do with network access and whether the new W7 pc is completely joining the establised network correctly and completely.

As a check of other matters I have checked that the older XP Pro based PC also connecting wirelessly to the network ca print without a problem

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 7th, 2009 03:00

aidandennis,

You download the drivers you need only for the desktop. Install those drivers. If your desktop is XP, then you need those drivers for the desktop. If your laptop is Windows 7 64-bit, then you'll need to still use the Vista 64-bit drivers, but you'll need to install those drivers in the compatibility mode.

You sounds like you have the printer connected to a desktop. You then have the printer setup to be able to print. When you installed the printer drivers, you should have seen a choice at the bbegining. I would have chosen network, then this printer is connect to the host computer and follow the instructions.

On your laptop, then install the proper drivers, if Windows 7 use the compatibility mode, and then choose network. Choose the printer is connected to a host computer.

If you're using any type of virus programs, security suites, firewalls, you need to allow for file and printer sharing.

Rick

1 Message

April 16th, 2014 16:00

Just downloaded driver146813 works fine with AIO 964 running windows 7 64 bit

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 16th, 2014 19:00

wilmahern,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!