Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 11th, 2012 12:00

Dell AIO924 Printer Power Issue

I have an unused Dell AIO924 printer that I have just installed and am having issues with. I ran printer set-up for language use, then I installed the new ink cartridges and closed the lid. I heard the print heads moving back to thier start location. The printer info screen showed the instruction to press the green ">" button to print an alignment page. I pressed the button and then the printer power turned off before any aligment page printed. I pressed the power button to turn the printer back on, but nothing happened. I have disconnected the power cord and power brick, waited 10 minutes and reconnected them but the printer won't power up now. Does anyone have any suggestions or ran into this problem before?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 11th, 2012 16:00

Scott136,

You unplugged the printer from the wall. Removed the power brick for 60 seconds. This resets any error messages the printer is getting.

When you plug everything back in. Then power on the printer, what happens? Any error message?

Was there a loud bang when this happened?

Rick

2 Posts

April 11th, 2012 23:00

I have unplugged the power cable and removed the power brick. I reinstalled them and the printer doesn't power up now. The green light is glowing on the power brick, but no power is getting to the printer. There was no sound from the printer when it shut itself off.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2012 02:00

Scott136,

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't sound good. Since the power brick is glowing, I suspect the printer has finally malfunctioned. If you have a voltage meter, you cold check the power brick to see if there is voltage.

Sounds like it's time to look for another All-In-One Printer.

Rick

No Events found!