Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 5th, 2015 09:00

Dell B2375dfw Factory Reset without Admin Password

We somehow managed to change and lose the admin password on our Dell B2375dfw. Is there a way to factory reset without the admin password?

Thanks

2 Intern

• 

259 Posts

October 5th, 2015 15:00

Hello Nick,

Please try the following.

 Enter “Service Mode”.
o While logged out of the operator panel, press Home (), Job Status () and Info () buttons in succession and hold each one after pressing until all of them are pressed. Hold for 2 seconds.
o When the password input window appears, touch the input box.
o Enter “1934”.
o Press the arrow button in the bottom right.
o The Service Mode menu will be displayed.
 Press “Test Routine”.
 Press “Other”.
 Press “Memory Clear”.
 Choose your country and press “Start”.
o This menu resets the system to factory default settings. This function is used to reset the system to the initial value when the product is functioning abnormally. All of the values are returned to the default values, and all of the information, which was set by the user, will be erased.

1 Message

February 11th, 2021 10:00

Hi Joseph / or whoever responds!

My Dell B2375dfw is some years old and I thought will update the firmware. So reset the password as indicated in your thread of the 10-05-2015 03:56 PM. However now what is the factory set login/pw when logging on to the printer through a web browser / 192.168.0.etc etc / Dell B2375dfw Mono MFP etc ??? I have tried admin/admin and admin/password and admin/blank - but none of them work.

I am also not able to update the firmware from V4.70.01.05 to whatever the latest one is? How do I do this?

Lastly when I try to login on the printer itself with my login admin and my new pw - I am able to but when I go to Google Drive Scan - I am able to reach all the way upto where Google verifies you with a text etc - and then does not allow me to move forward as the ALLOW button remains grey. I am connected to the internet via ethernet.

Many thanks to whoever helps! Thank you! JJ

No Events found!