Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Z

5 Posts

December 30th, 2019 10:00

Dell E514dw Multifunction Printer suddenly printing white text on black backgrou

I had to install this printer on a new computer, and reinstall it on an old one (printer tends to default to "offline" and I can't get it to get back "online" without a reinstall). Since then, it's been printing word documents white on black background. I have no idea how to change that. It has eaten up all of my remaining toner in 2 printings.

I have attempted to download the drivers and it doesn't work. Uploading the drivers from Device Manager gives me an error message, and downloading the driver directly from the Dell Drivers page doesn't work either: the driver downloads and extracts fine, but once I run the .exe file, nothing happens. No install wizard or anything opens.

I had to add the printer directly from the Devices and Printers setting in Windows 10. I was also not able to run the Dell Hub on my new computer (the program doesn't open at all) so I can't seem to get to settings. I see no settings in the Word document that accounts for this "negative" printing.

Any advice welcome.

5 Posts

January 1st, 2020 17:00

Update for anyone who has had this issue: I was finally able to download a driver here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=11C20

On my new computer, it worked fine. But on my older Lenovo tablet I couldn't just extract the files and run the setup.exe. I had to individually open the various folders and separately install the Dell Hub app and the Printer for it to work (the setup.exe would not open to anything).

I was able to go to settings and make sure the the "Negative" box was unchecked. Both test pages I printed worked.

January 2nd, 2020 03:00

No Events found!