Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 13th, 2011 20:00

Dell Inspiron1750 with Win 7 Professional connection to Dell 948 Wireless AIO

I have been unable to get my Dell 1750 to connect to my Dell 948 AIO.  The printer connects fine to other computers on network and using Win 7 Professional as well.  This 1750 has refused to connect.  It pings the ip for the printer fine so it can see it, but when you go to add the printer it cannot find it even if you enter the ip address for the printer.

I have tried disabling the firewall same result.  I cannot find any setting that is different.  The driver versions are the same on both computers. 

The 1750 is a 64 bit machine and using win 7 professional 64 bit.

The other computer is a Dell D830 Latitude computer running windows 7 professional. both computers have same update status. The difference is that the Latitude is 32 bit.

Any Suggestions?

MIke

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 14th, 2011 09:00

Mike,

Are you using the wireless adapter in te Dell 948 Printer?

Virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Does the printer work on any of the machines?

Operating system is installed in English or another language?

Rick

3 Posts

June 14th, 2011 10:00

Turn off virus protection.  Make sure any old driver is uninstalled, install new driver.  be prepared to provide IP address for the printer.

3 Posts

June 14th, 2011 10:00

The Printer is using the wireless adapter.  Yes I was using it without problem on other machines and with windows 7, but only on 32 bit.

The printer finally made the connection.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (64 bit version) serveral times and finally I got it to respond.  Even then it took entering the IP address manually and completing the install, but whatever, it now works.

Thanks for the inputs.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 14th, 2011 11:00

MarcoMike,

What virus protection are you using?

Rick

No Events found!