Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2013 22:00

Dell PC Fax will not uninstall

I have been trying to change over to another computer which has MS Vista.  I tried to install my Dell A920 AIO.  I used the disk which came with it.  Not thinking about it being for a different operating system since it is not listed on the disk.  That was a bad mistake.  I thought my troubles were over when I uninstalled it using the Dell Printer Uninstall program downloaded here. 

Now I cannot uninstall the Dell PC Fax program.  When I boot the computer I get this error "Error IM32FAX.DIL Not Found".  When I try to uninstall the program it will not work.  I get this error #BuildTemplateErrorMessage#.  I am not finding much on the internet on this.  Or at least anything that I can understand.

Thanks,

Mark

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 1st, 2013 22:00

Mark,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell A920 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2013 18:00

Dear Rick,

First of all thank you for the prompt response.  I have read all the posts of yours trying to solve this problem.  I had already tried your suggestions before and again I tried earlier today.   I do not think I mentioned in my original post that I am now trying to install a different HP printer that someone gave us.  What I am trying to accomplish, is to get rid of the left over Dell error messages, Error: IM32FAX.DIL not found! and #BuildTemplateErrorMessage# and uninstall Dell PC Fax.  My computer will not let me delete Dell PC Fax.  I never could get the Dell AIO A920 to do right.  It would scan, print, and fax using other programs but never with the Dell AIO program.  I never should have never used the original disk.  You live and learn!

If you have an other ideas I will sure try them.  Again I thank you for your time trying to help me.

Mark

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 19:00

Mark,

Stuck print job(s) in the queue, will allow a printer to be removed, then keep the same problem when you install a printer.

I haven't had the Dell Fax program installed on this system, so I can't remember...

Is the Dell Fax printer listed in the control panel? If yes, use the uninstaller

Look in...

C:\Program Files

or

C:\Program Files (x86)

For a Dell Printer folder and Dell Printer Fax program. If you find one, look in the folder for an uninstall program. If none there, try deleting the folder.

Can you remove the printer when you go to devices and printers? Manual Printer Driver Removal

Rick

No Events found!