Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2009 07:00

Dell Photo 944 all-in-one printer

My printers All-in-one center will not load, the bar just keeps going across the screen. I am able to print from the printer and print from the computer such as e-mail but the all-in-one center from the program list will not open. Have reloaded the software form the supplied disk and the Dell web site several times to no avail. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

16 Posts

July 1st, 2009 17:00

Hey there, RIck

Your thoughts on printing and photo's are good ideas. I actually agree 100% with your logic. I  normally use Costco for my pic's and supplies, but lately have been experimenting with some online stores. I have found one on-line store  (http://www.inkjetsuperstore.com )  that's got good prices on re-manufactured ink cartridges and shippings only $5.95 for the whole order.

I must admit, having multiple printers is not fun, but this actually started as a hobby. I would rescue computers and printers that have been tossed. I'd troubleshoot and fix if possible, then I give most of it away afterwards but sometimes I find some that catch my eye. At this point, each of our computers (total of five) has a printer that I've rescued or rebuilt. So, what help you've given me has been used to help others and my family.  Thank you for your advice and sage wisdom.

Once I get my ink cartridges and install the software on the Host and network computers, I'll let you know how it went. I thank you very much for your time and efforts. Oh by the way, Dell emailed me yesterday about my CD request for both printers. They told me that both were over two years old and had expired warranties and to  " Please contact Expired Warranty Support department to resolve this issue. Please contact them at 1800-624-9896 and enter the express service code for the printer to reach them, it is a paid support " . It shocks me their resistance to help, but I guess if they help for everything, they won't sell anything new (?). Thank God for people like you, RIck.

Respectfully Yours,

Robert Beleele

February 13th, 2010 15:00

Rick,

You are the MAN!!!! I have been having trouble getting my 944 to scan....it would Print anything just fine, but would not connect with the All in One Software to scan....I followed your directions to the tee, and IM SCANNIN AWAY BROTHER!!!!!

Thanks Rick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 13th, 2010 17:00

Harry,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for psting back. Looks like you're the one who did all the hard work researching for a solution.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!