Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2010 06:00

Dell Photo All in One Printer 964 - only producing blank sheets

Used to work fine but now will only produce a blank sheet even tho sounds as if printing - any help appreciated

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 22nd, 2010 13:00

Fossilpooh,

Can you copy a document when you put it under the glass? B&W and color?

Rick

4 Posts

January 24th, 2010 15:00

My printer has the same problem.  It is a All in One 946.  Acts as if it is printing but gives a blank page.  I have performed the following tests:  Clean Print Cartridges and Align Print Cartridges, both produced ink on the paper.  It look like the printer has ink.  Any help will be appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 24th, 2010 16:00

TNC317,

You can start a new thread as I do NOT mix printer drivers on a thread so people do not accidentally install the wrong drivers. Dell Printers Forum In the subject line, model number of your printer and a brief description. In body, make and model of your computer and operating syste. Also say if you can make a copy of a document when you put it under the glass. B&W and color?

Thanks,

Rick

5 Posts

January 25th, 2010 06:00

Hi Have now got it to print a leter in microsoft office by reinstalling it  - but wont do it again and back to blank - also it would print an adobe form but not the part that had been infilled but back to blank on that also - its a bit of a problem

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 25th, 2010 13:00

Fossilpooh,

You need to be able to print a document when you put it under the glass. B&W and color. If this cannot be done, then it has to do witgh the ink cartridges. If it prints fine, then it's a driver issue. I'm trying to help you trouble shoot where the problem is.

Rick

5 Posts

January 28th, 2010 03:00

Hi

Thanks for trying to help with this - I appreciate your assistance

Have tried to copy and can in colour but not is black and white only - the colour print is fine but the black is not good at all.  Mum said that she did get a message at some stage that showed a triangular shaped bit of machiinery - she is elderly and just ignored it and it has not happened again.  She used the printer a lot and never had a problem before this.  

Kind regards

Lindsey

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 28th, 2010 14:00

Lindsey,

Go to start, control panel, printers, select the Dell 964 Printer. Printer preferences. Look to make sure the boxes look correct and please check the ink levels. Under more options, advanced, make sure the complete a print is not checked.

I suspect that the Dell Series 5 ink cartridge needs replaced. Here is a little trouble shooting guide I have made up to check to make sure.

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 5 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 5 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

2 Posts

September 25th, 2010 15:00

Hi, My Dell AIO 964 prints out a test page just fine. I usually just use it for making copies. I have it wired to my computer locally now to troubleshoot.It used to copy and print fine, but now it will only produces a blank sheet. This is even when I try to copy a document under the glass. It goes through the motions sounding like it's working, then the paper pops out blank.I will need to order more ink in the next month or so-I don't make a lot of copies, but I need it still. I appreciate any support you can give. Lotchie

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 26th, 2010 13:00

your2feet,

The Dell 964 Printer needs to make copies without using the computer. If it doesn't then it can be the Dell Series 5 ink cartridges or ther scanner bulb.

You are using Dell Series 5 ink cartridges, correct?

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 5 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 5 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

No Events found!