Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 9th, 2010 08:00

Dell Printer 944 All-in-one error code 1102

We have an error code 1102 on our printer.  We were using cartridges from Office Max when we recieved the code and the printer stopped working.  For a day it let me over ride the code by reseating the cartridges.  I have since bought Dell Series 5 cartridges from Staples and put them in.  Error still there.  I have cleaned the contacts with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol like I was told.  Someone then suggested unplugging the printer and removing the power brick for 60 seconds.  Tried that, Error still there.  When the print page comes out the black is printing, but no color and it says it does not recognize the color cartridge.  Anyone have any more ideas?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2010 08:00

Singermom2,

I would say the error message 1102 is coming from the generic brand ink cartridge.

I found another post with error 1102 and the 944 printer.

It keeps giving me an error (cartridge errror 1102). It says the cartridge is unsupported. I took off all the tape and installed it correctly the first time. I was able to print 2 photos just fine then all of a sudden it gave me that error message. What do i do?

Your error message is coming from the Dell Series 5 ink Cartridge. To reset the error message, unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer. Wait 60 seconds and then plug everything back in. This usually resets any error messages on the printer. Make sure the Dell Series 5 ink cartridges are intalled correctly by removing them and re-seating them .

Black in left or black side, color in right side or color side

if using a photo cartridge...

Photo cartridge in the black side(left) and color in the color side(right)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is also possible to get a new ink cartridge with a bad sensor. Please take it to the place of purchase for a refund or a replacement one.

Rick

2 Posts

February 9th, 2010 22:00

Thanks for the information, but I have tried the things you have listed above before I posted.  I tried them again just to make sure I did them correctly and the ink I am trying now is Dell Ink from Staples.  This is the second set of ink giving me the same error message.  Any other ideas?  I read on another forum about the this plastic strip that can be cleaned with a lint free cloth.  Do you believe this would be good to try on mine as well?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2010 02:00

Singermom2,

Actually, I have the cleaning instructions for the encoder strip.

Cleaning the encoder strip (Loud bang from printer carriage)

Rick

No Events found!