Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2009 07:00

Dell Printer AIO 962 - Unable to recognize

A couple of wks ago printer stopped printing.  Message stated that cartridge was missing which it was not.  Removed and replaced same cartridge and continued to get same error message.  Found that if I hit the "Continue" block on message I could print but was unable to print with selected font.  I finally tried to uninstall and re-install the AIO printer.  Now my computer will not recognize the printer and I can not print anything..  Please help.  Using Win XP

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 17th, 2009 08:00

pierat44,

This will get the printer re-installed for you.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 19th, 2009 04:00

pierat44,

Since the first post didn't work, try this one.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

No Events found!