Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2015 14:00

Dell V105 Not Printing

Im having problems with my Dell v105 printer.

It is installed, and I can see the printer in devices in Control Panel, and when I try to print anything, it goes to the print window, and gets Spooling - Printing, then Printing, but for some reason I keep getting a pop up that says that the laptop is unable to communicate with the printer.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, removing the drivers and reinstalling new drivers from the Dell website, checking and then restarting the print spool service, but nothing I try works.

Printer is connected via USB, printer is online, print job is sent, but not received by the printer for some reason.

Running Windows Vista, any help greatly appreciated!

3 Posts

June 8th, 2015 03:00

Hi Rick,

Managed to solve the problem at long last! If you could mark this as solved it might help some of the other people with the same problem.

First step was to manually remove the drivers, not from device manager, but by going C:\Program Files\Dell\V105\Drivers and deleting that whole folder.

I then used the firmware updater from the Dell Support Page and updated the printer firmware, and then downloaded the driver updater, and repaired existing software/drivers (rather than installing it as a new printer)

Everything is working now, thank god!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 6th, 2015 11:00

mohara88,

Stuck print job(s) in the queue, will remain, even when you reinstall the printer. Try this procedure and see if it works.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Start, control panel, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista drivers from Dell V105 All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Install the proper Vista drivers. you'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

3 Posts

June 6th, 2015 12:00

Hi Rick,

I have checked that all print jobs were removed before reinstalling the printer, and no luck. Also tried reinstalling with the firewall disabled, and done a full system scan with avast and malwarebytes, no infections.

Any further advice?

Thanks, Michael

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 8th, 2015 01:00

Michael,

Avast, if this the FREE version?

Can you type the IP of the printer and access the configuration page?

Do you use the VPN with Avast? If not, I would remove it as it may be causing some issues.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 8th, 2015 07:00

Michael,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

November 11th, 2018 08:00

Avast and VPN, is it called, by Avast not real tech savoy. Printer not working. Getting Snap on many pages and now just let Avast VPN expire. Big question too, we never needed 3-4 different Anti Virus, Fix Computer, and now VPN. What is going on with this and whats next? $140 a year just to write a few checks and stay safe? SS is now cut by $140 a year and the payment of the new computers cause they keep going down every year anyways. What a money . Security systems the fight with each other, so many things it could be, this new tech world **bleep**....LoL Help Sorry got out there, can you help with the printer for now, and thank you for letting me vent. 

November 12th, 2018 23:00

Hey,

When i bought the dell v105 printer, i faced the same issue.

I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

I got help from this site: https://www.tfnguide.com/dell-printer-support-phone-number

You can also check out.. and get effective solution related to this issue.

November 17th, 2018 00:00

Updating firmware will resolve this issue

Regards

No Events found!