Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 14th, 2009 17:00

Dell V105

I recently ordered a Dell printer along with a Studio 15 notebook from dell. The printer got delivered early so tried connecting to my MacBook pro found out that Dell doesnt have drivers for MAC. Is there anyway i can connect the printer to my Mac as well the Dell Studio 15 laptop. Are there any other drivers available?. Since i used the online method to place the order along with the Studio 15 laptop i failed to view the printers section of the website listing to see if its Mac compatible. Anyway i can use the printer?.

4 Posts

December 14th, 2009 18:00

Tried a few drivers from lexmark, but none worked. Can the guys at Dell make some suggestions please?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 14th, 2009 18:00

JGPG,

Your Dell Printer was made for Dell by Lexmark. You might be able to find a similar Lemark Printer that has Mac drivers and they may or may not work.

Rick

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2010 18:00

No solution yet. Called Dell they asked me to print via my windows partition on my MAC. Why can't there be a driver for MAC from Dell?. Is Dell not compatible with MAC's at all?

1.8K Posts

January 25th, 2010 15:00

JGPG,

Generally speaking, we're only going to produce drivers for Operating Systems that we sell.   We sell, mostly, Windows based systems.   For the Ubuntu systems we sell most, since Ubuntu is open source software their support community produces drivers.

4 Posts

January 25th, 2010 17:00

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your response. Is there a particular driver that i should be looking for in the ubuntu forums or site for my Dell V105.

Thanks,

J Pancras

1.8K Posts

January 26th, 2010 04:00

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your response. Is there a particular driver that i should be looking for in the ubuntu forums or site for my Dell V105.

Thanks,

J Pancras

Not unless you wiped Mac OS off your system and replaced it with Ubuntu, in which case it would depend on which version of Ubuntu that you installed.

1 Message

April 25th, 2012 23:00

THIS IS SO STUPID!  I have a mac Air and want to use my DELL printer and it doesn't work.  OK.  Time to get a new printer.  The Dell has scan capabilities but I can't use it.  So worthless...

UGH!  I have this when computers aren't compatible.  Greed drives this...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 26th, 2012 01:00

blazerder,

Your Dell Printer was made for Dell by Lexmark. If you can find a similar printer, the drivers may or may not work.

Also try Gutenprint for Mac OS X

If you find Mac drivers, can you please tell me which operating system they're for.

There are Mac drivers(including Lion) in THIS THREAD that may work. They are listed in the Dell V model printers, near the bottom. of the first thread.

Rick

1 Message

April 6th, 2016 09:00

Ok, so I just joined the forum, because I cannot use my dell v105 printer because I just found out that my dell laptop was configured to ugrade Windows without asking first. So now I have Windows 11 and my printer doesn't work.

So is it best to buy a new printer? Or are there any drivers that I can install to keep on using my printer.

And yes I have reconfigured my pc so that I decide if and when I want to upgrade Windows, plus I have removed the smart screen wich was giving me problems with my laptop overall.

I'll be waiting for any asnwer, thank you.

No Events found!