Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 13th, 2012 14:00

Dell V305 Issue

Hello, I have a Dell V305 printer and most recently, it has been giving me this "left cartridge error. replace the ink cartridge" and "unsupported ink cartridge" whenever I have tried to print. So I bought a new black ink cartridge hoping that would fix the problem, but I am still having the same issue. Has anyone had experience with this issue before and how did you fix it? I completed all of the troubleshooting items and nothing has worked yet. Thanks much in advance.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2012 15:00

lilit,

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer.

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 9 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 9 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

2 Posts

May 13th, 2012 17:00

Thanks very much for your help! This worked!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2012 20:00

lilit,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thnaks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

January 25th, 2015 14:00

I am having the exact same problem.   Help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 25th, 2015 15:00

horselady784,

Did you try the information in the ABOVE POST?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 26th, 2015 09:00

horselady784,

Did you try the old Dell Series 9 ink cartridge(s)?

Are you using Dell Series 9 in cartridges, generic or refilled cartridges?

Rick

January 26th, 2015 09:00

I left the printer unplugged overnight, plugged it back in (both power and computer), reseated both cartridges, and still get the error message.

July 25th, 2018 14:00

Hello,

I have a Dell V305w printer. I purchased a new black cartridge 2 weeks ago and it was printing fine. I started to print a document and the message "Unsupported Cartridge" came up on the screen. I did what you suggested and it stills shows the same message. Do you have any suggestions?   

No Events found!